1955 Truck Shop Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Truck Shop Manual

I have been looking for a 1955 truck shop manual for several years and it seems there is one for '54 and earlier and '56 and later. I assume that the '56 would be quite similar but has anyone else ran into this issue?

Thanks

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

No, but I also have a '55 truck. I have not had to do nay work on it that required the manual (though I have both the earlier and later versions). I suspect a manual expert will tell us that there was a supplement (similar to the 4WD one). Craig....?

Comment

No, but I also have a '55 truck. I have not had to do nay work on it that required the manual (though I have both the earlier and later versions). I suspect a manual expert will tell us that there was a supplement (similar to the 4WD one). Craig....?

Comment

There wasn't one printed, I'd recommend you look for a 2E manual. The second paragraph of a January '55 service bulletin explains: "Basically the chassis and cab are covered in the 3R Shop Manual. The only significant changes are in the front axle, engine, clutch, and two additional types of transmissions offered as optional equipment."
        A chart lists the assemblies and refers one to a relevant manual ('55 car manual in many cases) or service bulletin. Of course later on, one could buy the 2E manual or the big 2R to 8E shop manual and get all the correct information in one book.

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

There wasn't one printed, I'd recommend you look for a 2E manual. The second paragraph of a January '55 service bulletin explains: "Basically the chassis and cab are covered in the 3R Shop Manual. The only significant changes are in the front axle, engine, clutch, and two additional types of transmissions offered as optional equipment."
          A chart lists the assemblies and refers one to a relevant manual ('55 car manual in many cases) or service bulletin. Of course later on, one could buy the 2E manual or the big 2R to 8E shop manual and get all the correct information in one book.

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I discovered that I have the September 1954 Service Bulletin (no. 293), which discusses the changes for 1955 motors and has a section at the end covering "what's new" with the 1955 trucks. For example, I didn't realize that the windlace was replaced that year with cardboard trim (with black vinyl on the edges) which stuck out a bit into the door opening. You can PM me to remind me to copy some of it, as I'm getting ready to go out of town for a week (to Ohio and Georgia).

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon
            Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

I discovered that I have the September 1954 Service Bulletin (no. 293), which discusses the changes for 1955 motors and has a section at the end covering "what's new" with the 1955 trucks. For example, I didn't realize that the windlace was replaced that year with cardboard trim (with black vinyl on the edges) which stuck out a bit into the door opening. You can PM me to remind me to copy some of it, as I'm getting ready to go out of town for a week (to Ohio and Georgia).

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
              The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
              "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
              The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Working...
              X