Studebakers in our travels today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers in our travels today

We are on our back West from the IM and today we crossed Nebraska. We stopped for an ice cream cone at the DQ in Sidney, NE (home of Cabelas) and they had vintage photos displayed on the walls. As luck would have it, this one was above our table:

Then we got to Kimball, NE, our destination for the day, and I am filling with gas for tomorrow's journey and a fellow asks about my car. Turns out he has a 54 Commander. We talked while I was cleaning some of the road dirt off mine. His name is Gene Sell and he has had the car since 1965, and has been keeping it on the road, very well I think. It has a 232 out to 259 and he has redone the interior and repainted it, at least once. We drove down to a local park and took a couple pictures. He said there is another fellow in town that has several Studes as well. He said they are going to their Zone meet in Scotts Bluff in a couple weeks. I gave him one of the extra International Meet Dash plaques I picked up.

Iwonder what tomorrow will bring?
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Way cool Pat! It was nice to meet you at the birthday party. Have a safe trip home.
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

They just keep coming out of the woodwork. Had dinner with Gene Sell and Stuart Tritt. Stuart brought his nice truck with a model railroad set up in the back. Stuart makes a lot of the trophies for Studebaker events.

Thanks Jim, was nice meeting you too.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I'm glad you connected with Stu.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
        X