What a week!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a week!!!!!

No, I didn’t make it to South Bend. My week started out with a car show in Golden on Sunday. We had over 50 orphans at this show! I didn’t count the Studes and Packards, but there were a bunch! There were 2 Avantis (one R2) that I hadn’t seen before. There was a freshly done 28 Stude that was stunning! Plus there was a 57 Stude that made it’s maiden voyage to the show. How great was that?
    Tuesday, I came across a 56 Golden Hawk while I was on my route. Unfortunately the owner feels there aren’t any parts available for his car.

Friday, a customer told me that some guy with grey hair in a convertible blew past him. Yep, across the back it said “Studebaker!” When he told me where it happened, I pulled out my phone and showed him a picture of a club member’s car. Bingo! I had to laugh! It was one of Studebaker Steve’s old cars!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-03-14_13-03-23_997.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1736210

A little while later my friend in PA sent me a couple of pictures of a 56 Golden Hawk at the Starlite Cruise in Wexford. Who owns this sweetie?

Click image for larger version

Name:	56 GH.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1736208Click image for larger version

Name:	56 GH engine.jpg
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1736209
    Saturday morning, my brother called me wanting to know where I was trailering my Packard. “No where, I don’t own a trailer!” He then said that he just saw my car on a trailer heading east on I-80 in Ohio! (Must be more than one Packard Hawk!) Who could that have been? A little later I went to the Golden Cruise. I drove through around 2:30 and it was already getting pretty busy. I left and then went back around 4. More cars, lots more people. Left again and took the long way home and got TLOML and went back! This time it was jammed packed!!! We stopped at one local business to visit with some friends. While there, a couple pulled in with their 63 R2 Avanti. Never saw this one before either! Turns out they have a Speedster for sale! When we finally left, we pulled up to a red light and a car pulled up next to us. They were all excited about our car and were making a big deal over it. I thanked them and chuckled and said, “This really made my night to have people in a Volt get excited about my car!” Kind of ironic. They thought that was funny and the driver said, “It’s his car not mine!” I had to respond with, “I probably used more gas sitting at this light than you will all month!” (The Volt is kind of nice looking)
    Not a bad week! Oh yeah, the Packard hit 41,000 miles on Saturday!
    Carey
    Packard Hawk
Working...
X