X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio-active sparkplugs

sigpic

I have some of these.
    I took one to work and found that it wouldn't react to our hand held geiger counter.
    So I hid a cesium (weak radioactive) target in the box, and put the plug on top of the box.
    People would come by and use the geiger counter that was conveniently nearby.
    It had them fooled for most of the day until someone separated the plug from the box.
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

If I had those, I'd be posting on Craigslist Tehran!!

Probably sell them for enough to restart Avanti Motors or build C/K fender stamping dies

Bob

Comment

The alphas wouldn't get out of the electrode except for any Po-210 actually at the surface. And then, yes, any soot buildup would get the rest of them.
        Jim K.
        63 Hawk

Comment

Atomic spark plugs only work properly with magnetized fuel -

And it works even better if the fuel is also ionized -

And if you also condition the electrical system with one one of these lighter plug-ins-

You'll actually start having to take fuel OUT of the tank.

All of which reminds me of a trick we played in one of the guys at work about 30 years ago. He had just bought a new Chrysler K-car, and bored everyone with stories about it's terrific gas mileage "Yessiree, last fill-up she did 29.4 miles per gallon!"

So, we started adding a gallon per day to his gas tank.

"Whoppee, I gotta' tell you, last fill-up it was up to 38 mpg!!!"

So we stepped it up to two gallons per day.

"This is the best car ever built. 57 mpg last fill up!!!"

We went to three gallons. Didn't hear anything from Cliff for several weeks. Finally he reported.

"You guys aren't going to believe this, but I haven't put in gas in for the last 299 miles and the tank is still FULL!!!"

We couldn't stifle a few giggles. Cliff wouldn't speak to any of us for weeks.

Comment

If y'all keep these stories going ... I am going to have to put my boots on just to click on this thread!
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
              All of which reminds me of a trick we played in one of the guys at work about 30 years ago. He had just bought a new Chrysler K-car, and bored everyone with stories about it's terrific gas mileage "Yessiree, last fill-up she did 29.4 miles per gallon!"

So, we started adding a gallon per day to his gas tank.

"Whoppee, I gotta' tell you, last fill-up it was up to 38 mpg!!!"

So we stepped it up to two gallons per day.

"This is the best car ever built. 57 mpg last fill up!!!"

We went to three gallons. Didn't hear anything from Cliff for several weeks. Finally he reported.

"You guys aren't going to believe this, but I haven't put in gas in for the last 299 miles and the tank is still FULL!!!"

We couldn't stifle a few giggles. Cliff wouldn't speak to any of us for weeks.
              Maybe Cliff was just playin' you along for the free gas.
              54 Commander Coupe driver
              53 Commander Hardtop project
              SE Washington State

Comment

John

Comment

Working...
                X