Just chillin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just chillin'

we have been in South Bend for the past 3 days with a 12 &13 yr old grandsons. Those boy have run an old injured Grandpa Ragged! Right now they are in the hotel pool with G-Ma as chaperone so I have afew minutes alone.
    These boys have had the time of their lives. They have ridden in everything from a supercharged Daytona to a vintage 40 Champion. Looking forward to the Proving ground tomorrow.

Oh well, They are back. Quiet time is over.
    Neil Thornton

Quiet time may be over, but life is just beginning again. Boy, do I envy you.

Comment

How cool that you're letting your grandkids experience that with you. Hope everybody has the time of their lives.
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
        we have been in South Bend for the past 3 days with a 12 &13 yr old grandsons. Those boy have run an old injured Grandpa Ragged! Right now they are in the hotel pool with G-Ma as chaperone so I have afew minutes alone.
        These boys have had the time of their lives. They have ridden in everything from a supercharged Daytona to a vintage 40 Champion. Looking forward to the Proving ground tomorrow.

Oh well, They are back. Quiet time is over.
        Neil, those are fine young men. We certainly enjoyed meeting you, your wife and those fine lads. Take care of those injuries.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Neil,
          It was good to finally meet you in person yesterday or ??? This has been a pretty good meet! I finally got out yesterday at 3 pm to see the cars on the show field!
          Once I get home, I'll post the photos that I took as the cars left on the parade!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Pleasure meeting you and the family at the museum. Especially knowing the story of the family donating the zipvan to the museum years ago.

Vacations are rarely relaxing

Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 08-05-2012, 12:07 PM. Reason: add picture and text.
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Now in a motel closer to home. Somewhere in Tenn. We had a great time all week,and at the proving ground. Josh rode around the track in Ed George's Avanti,Zack with Pat Dilling,and I bummed a ride with Bob Andrews and a bunch of cool Aussies. When we stopped for photos, We 3 hitched a ride out with Jack from Pa. in a 48 champion convertible.
              A big thank you to all who made our day so great. I'm tiiiired so I am going to check out this Tennessee pillow.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

safe travels
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

'Nice finally meeting you, Neil.

Are you gonna tell the gang how your arm wound up in that sling? BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                    Now in a motel closer to home. Somewhere in Tenn. We had a great time all week,and at the proving ground. Josh rode around the track in Ed George's Avanti,Zack with Pat Dilling,and I bummed a ride with Bob Andrews and a bunch of cool Aussies. When we stopped for photos, We 3 hitched a ride out with Jack from Pa. in a 48 champion convertible.
                    A big thank you to all who made our day so great. I'm tiiiired so I am going to check out this Tennessee pillow.
                    Very happy that Zack got to ride with us at the proving ground track, I sure had fun and having him along made it even better!.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

My two cousins didn't ride in just any supercharged Daytona, but the '64 R3 hardtop Hot Rod Magazine road test car. I was afraid that I put Nels on the spot when I asked him to give the boys a ride, but he gave me a ride in his R3 Commander a few years ago and knew that he would be up for it. There's a lot to be said for Nelson Bove.. He has several one-of-one cars and isn't afraid to burn rubber and bang the 4 speeds in order to give a kid or two the ride of their lives. And that's what it's all about... To heck with all that political crap..

And a special thanks to everyone else that made it a special week for Josh and Zack. I know exactly what it's like to be the young kid and be treated like royalty from this group. It's a great feeling and experience that they'll never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        'Nice finally meeting you, Neil.

Are you gonna tell the gang how your arm wound up in that sling? BP
                        T'was good to put a face with the name Bob, but I feel like I have known you for years!
                        As for the arm in the sling... The day before we left for SB. I had to run an errandAbout 45 miles from home Because s0meone else didn't do what they were supposed to do. I was agravated to begin with as I had to leave a job I was trying to finish. About half way through the trip an irritating song came on the radio. I reach over to change the station and took my eyes off the road for a split second. The next thing I knew, I was heading for a big ole' Georgia pine tree! I hit that thing dead center and popped both air bags. The air bag attacted me,took the skin off both elbows and almost dislocated my right sholder. I also got both knee caps badly bruised. So I was hobbling around SB with a cane in my left hand and my right arm in a sling. The wife did all the driving, about 2000 miles, and the 2 boys took good care of their old Grandpa. I was determined not to let a little thing like a pine tree spoil our trip.
                        Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                        X