Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any More? - Studebaker Truck Farmers

From Bob Feaganes
    I will leave this thread open until 9:00 pm tomorrow, In case anyone else wants to state their opinion. Thanks to those who have already done so.

Okay.
    I am, by this Posting, soliciting your individual opinions as to whether we want to pursue Special Group Charter status under SDC, or continue to go forward on our own as an informal group of Studebaker Truck Farmers, linked only by our love of trucks produced under the Studebaker Marque.

Please read carefully the information provided below, then respond here, or you can email me at stude53@INTRSTAR.NETExcerpts From The SDC Policy Manual:

Special Clubs and Groups

A. Special Club or Group is a local, regional, national or international group composed of SDC members in good standing who have a special interest or focus.

B. A Special Club or Group may apply for a Special Club or Group Charter from SDC. Applications should be sent to Chairperson of the Chapter Chartering Committee and must be approved by the Chairperson, the SDC President and the SDC Vice President.

C. The SDC President will appoint a member of the SDC Board of Directors to serve as liaison to each Special Club or Group. The Board representative should be an individual with an interest in and knowledge of the Special Club or Group.

D. To create a Special Club or Group, the group petitioning for a charter must submit a proposed set of Bylaws governing its operations. Specifically, the Special Club's or Group's Bylaws must state:

1. That the Special Club or Group agrees to conform to and abide by all of the provisions of the SDC Bylaws, which take precedence in the event of any conflict, and that it will abide by all decisions of the SDC Board of Directors; and,
    2. That The Special Club or Group assumes all responsibility, financial and otherwise, for any and all of its activities; and,
    3. That only members of SDC will be accepted as members of the Special Club or Group; and,
    4. That any applications or dues received by the Special Club or Group for SDC membership will be promptly forwarded to the SDC Membership Secretary.

E. A Special Club or Group is not required to hold public events or sponsor SDC meets; however, a Special Club or Group may hold public events and may submit an application to sponsor an SDC Meet.

F. A Special Club or Group may, but is not required to, publish a newsletter.

G. In order to maintain its charter, a Special Club or Group must have at least five (5) SDC members (including officers). The responsible SDC Board member will report to the President in the event membership of a Special Club or Group falls below five (5) members.

H. Recognition of a charter of a Special Club or Group may be suspended or revoked for cause by the Board of Directors. Such action will be taken only after the officers or members of the group have been not

I agree with Rich, except I would like to see a newsletter, as long as I don't have to produce it. NT

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I agree with Rich, except I would like to see a newsletter, as long as I don't have to produce it. NT

Neil Thornton
      Hazlehurst, GA
      '57 Silver Hawk
      '56 Sky Hawk
      '51 2R16 dump truck
      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I am Studebaker Truck Farmer member, and I think it is a great idea to have special gatherings at International Meets like the first one that Chuck Naugle organized. And that is where it should END! I see no advantage to carrying it any farther than that!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I am Studebaker Truck Farmer member, and I think it is a great idea to have special gatherings at International Meets like the first one that Chuck Naugle organized. And that is where it should END! I see no advantage to carrying it any farther than that!

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe that the SDC special groups charter was set up for the Studebaker Internet Club. I don't think that group is in existence anymore or is at least not active. I think that the current informal collection and meeting of the Studebaker Truck Farmers is adequate. I don't have anything against being chartered. I just don't see a need for it, unless some members want the organization, offices, newsletter, insurance, etc.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I believe that the SDC special groups charter was set up for the Studebaker Internet Club. I don't think that group is in existence anymore or is at least not active. I think that the current informal collection and meeting of the Studebaker Truck Farmers is adequate. I don't have anything against being chartered. I just don't see a need for it, unless some members want the organization, offices, newsletter, insurance, etc.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I am of the mindset that we remain an informal group. Once things get more formal then politics become involved and people start to disagree. On the other hand, elect me president and I will immediately disband the group.

Comment

I am of the mindset that we remain an informal group. Once things get more formal then politics become involved and people start to disagree. On the other hand, elect me president and I will immediately disband the group.

Comment

I'm with Gary, Rich, and Gary on this one. It's possible to get overloaded with groups that all make demands on one's time. Nice thing about STF as it presently exists, is the very informality of it.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I'm with Gary, Rich, and Gary on this one. It's possible to get overloaded with groups that all make demands on one's time. Nice thing about STF as it presently exists, is the very informality of it.

Comment

I agree with all above. Not needed.

Comment

I agree with all above. Not needed.

Comment

I would never join any group that would have me as a member(Groucho Marx)....Oh wait,I'm already a member.
                            Never mind(Emily Litella)
                            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I would never join any group that would have me as a member(Groucho Marx)....Oh wait,I'm already a member.
                              Never mind(Emily Litella)
                              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Working...
                              X