Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! In Omaha, need to get rid of a car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! In Omaha, need to get rid of a car!

Okay, I MUST get rid of my grandpa's hardtop by tomorrow morning at 9, or I'm in big trouble; I could potentially even lose my other garage (and in turn, the sedan) as a penalty. The problem is that I have no title, and the one scrap yard I could find that used to take cars without titles, now insists on having a title.

You can see the car in question at this link.

Of course, the timing with the International meet stinks, as all the guys I've used before in our local chapter are in South Bend right now.

I have to move this car today. If anyone has any ideas, I'm game.

If you would like to have the car and strip any remaining parts, it's yours for free, come get it today.

If you want to take a crack at restoring it, I'll even throw in as many of the parts as I can find. And again, it's yours for free, just come get it.

If you don't want the car, but you'd be willing to pick it up and haul it to your place until I can find an interested party, I'm forever grateful.

Beyond that, if anyone knows of any scrap yards in Omaha that will both pick up a car, and don't care if it has a title or not, let me know.

Thanks guys!
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Also, if you only read here, but don't post, you can email me by clicking here.

Comment

Ya know, I hate to suggest this, BUT.... I'm in NO position to help you with your dilemma. What I DO think is that you could possibly pull it out on the street - maybe a ways down from the address where it's been stored - and let the cops deal with it. They'll treat it like any other abandoned car, and once it goes thru an impoundment, they'll have no trouble handing it off to a scrap yard. MIGHT even be a self-service yard where it would have some time to yield parts should anyone want them. Hey - I'm just guessin' here as I don't know what things are like in Basically, Omaha.
      Ten - even five years ago (were it close enough to me) I'd have been it's savior if it was free, but I'm thinking "downsize" myself. I sure hope you get thru this without pulling out all your hair.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I considered it, but the only inlet/outlet for these garages is a super steep long hill. No way I could roll it, and even if i could, the neighborhood police station is on the same street about two blocks down. They'd see me, ticket me, and send it back with me.

Comment

You know - youi should go explain your dilemma to the cops and see if THEY can suggest a cure for you. Certainly worth a try.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Quick update:

I still have the car, believe it or not, despite the garage being long gone. The manager for the garages has graciously allowed me to temporarily park the sedan (as it's more complete) with a car cover on a far corner of one of their complex's overflow parking lots. It's a short term fix, and she's alreaddy nagged me acouple times about getting it moved.

If anyone out there wants this car, let me know, and it's yours. I'd love it if someone with the tools and time to do a proper restoration on this basket case wanted it. If that was the case, I would gladly do whatever I could to help that process along. But I honestly just need it gone.

If you want this car, PM me and we'll go from there.

Comment

Working...
            X