Tour of Building 84 has been Postponed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour of Building 84 has been Postponed

I wanted to post this in this thread to make sure anyone coming to South Bend knew about this.

The tour of Building 84 has been postponed.

Tim Janowiak, the person who has been spearheading this project, mother died this afternoon. We are most likely going to re-schedule this event for the May Meet in South Bend. We will keep you posted well in advance of this future event.

Please keep Tim and his family in your thoughts at this time, and keep them in your prayers. Tim is a good guy.

Bob Henning

Could one of you locals that are fimiliar with the Building Numbers please give us a clue what this is about?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sounds poorly organised - surely a backup person could do this? Shame for all those overseas folks who won't be there when the event is rescheduled.
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Big body plant building next to the Administration building.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by 1961 lark guy View Post
          I wanted to post this in this thread to make sure anyone coming to South Bend knew about this.

The tour of Building 84 has been postponed.

Tim Janowiak, the person who has been spearheading this project, mother died this afternoon. We are most likely going to re-schedule this event for the May Meet in South Bend. We will keep you posted well in advance of this future event.

Please keep Tim and his family in your thoughts at this time, and keep them in your prayers. Tim is a good guy.

Bob Henning
          Our prayers go out to Tim and Family.
          Jim
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

You only have one Mother, and, they are so very special. I am disappointed about the tour but old buildings will wait. Prayers to Tim and his entire family. stupak

Comment

Indeed, but the point was that someone else could do the tour, it will be someday anyway. The International Meet wouldn't have been cancelled due to family issues someone else would have continued its arrangements. I trust all events will go well condolences to your friend.
              John Clements

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                Indeed, but the point was that someone else could do the tour, it will be someday anyway. The International Meet wouldn't have been cancelled due to family issues someone else would have continued its arrangements. I trust all events will go well condolences to your friend.

I understand where you are coming from, John. And you ARE a looooooooooooong ways from SB. I was fortunate enough to get a semi-private tour of the Foundry in '07, and a good thing too, as its no longer around. I did try to get a look inside 84 & 113, but the building owner(?) lease manager(?) stated 'under no uncertain terms' was anyone allowed to 'look around' inside as all the available space at the time was leased. I too, would love a look inside it; considering the fact it still in relatively nice condition to what the rest of them were in.

Craig

Comment

Is this the building that the technology fellow is going to restore as his HQ? I seem to recall one building would be saved for that. To be fair, it's understandable that things are demolished as it's 46 years since end of production and they weren't going to be used again. A long way indeed - the last trip I left Adelaide around 7am on Dec 7 and arrived in SF at 7am on Dec 7. I'm hoping to get to LA next year to use up some frequent flyer points. Is anywhere safe anymore? Couldn't believe the politician (Kansas Republican I think) who wondered why no-one shot back at the killer. Crazy country.

Nice to hear from you Craig
                  John Clements

Comment

Working...
                  X