PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Swap Meet (aka Reno Swap meet) Sunday August 5th at Arco Arena

Starlite51
07-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Hope to see many of the Studebaker guys there with parts and cars for sale ..

We have grown to 3 times the size that we were when we were at the Reno Live Events Center.

I can't guarantee how many Studes will be there .. usually we have quite few selling parts and a few cars

Gates open at 6am on Sunday admission is $8 with free parking

We have 11,000 spaces in total .. so it involves a lot of walking ..( and talking) could take 6 hours to cover the grounds ....

The Arco Arena is now called Power Balance Pavilion .. just off I-5 on the way to the Sacramento Airport .... but Cal Trans signs still say Arco Arena on the freeway exits ..

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

here is a link to 200 pictures from our last April swap meet

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/sacramento-classic-car-and-parts-swap-meet

one last tip ... make and wear a cardboard sign "looking for Studebaker parts"....
Yes you will look funny .:D:D.
but you never know who taps you on the shoulder with a lead to a Golden Hawk or other Stude Gem ..or 1937 Dictator

coyote
07-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Sounds great since the swap meet during Hot August Nights has been sort of a bust in recent years.

63 R2 Hawk
07-25-2012, 10:37 AM
I miss the Harrah's Swap Meet they used to have at Stead. Took three days just to graze through it!! Ah, the Good Old days!

Starlite51
07-25-2012, 10:46 AM
..you mean the Hot August Night Flea market? they did have a nice used front loading washing machine, huge display of stale bags of potato chips and a 300 pairs of imported Tennis shoes (2nds?) ...:rolleyes: on a end aisle display

Starlite51
07-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I miss the Harrah's Swap Meet they used to have at Stead. Took three days just to graze through it!! Ah, the Good Old days!

WE were never at Stead AFB ... do you mean at Reed High School back in Sparks in 1965? ...

we still own the Reno Swap Meet that was started by Bill Harrah in 1965 and changed names when he died to the Reno Swap Meet ... when Holiday Inns purchaseds the hotels and car collection and naming rights ..
It was moved to Rancho San Rafael Park - when Bill Finefrock continued it ..
then we joined with HAN in 1987 and Bill moved to August dates to help out HAN ..
and we partnerd with HAN for 21 years at the RLEC till 2008 ... when we moved it to Sacramento ...

and the tradition continues still to this day ... many stories

I have all the Harrahs stuff - pics , flyers , pins, hats, Jackets , etc - all packed away from all the swap meets since 1965
I was thinking I should put it all on display at our Sacto Swap Meet ..
If you can believe this--we still have several old timers who still set up and sell at the swap meet .. now located in Sacramento
and boy can they tell some stories about the early days:eek: ...