PDA

View Full Version : First Time, best day, First time

nwi-region-rat
07-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Ok, first time for me...never been to any type of nationals....what is the best day to just see the cars, and what day, same would be nice, to go to the swap meet.

Is there a separate car corral for vehicles for sale?

Second best day picks would be nice too, just in case I work.

rockne10
07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Thursday is judging; everyone present, all looking their best.

Pat Dilling
07-24-2012, 08:51 AM
For the swap meet, the earlier in the week you go the better the selection will be as items get sold. The swap meet is often worth going through more than once as it is impossible to notice everything one trip through, IMO. Have fun!

Bob Henning
07-24-2012, 09:24 AM
You will have a great time! Don't forget to go through the hotel parking lots too. Some of the nicest people ever are usually sitting in a chair nearby.

nwi-region-rat
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Thursday is judging; everyone present, all looking their best.

AAAHHHHHHH crap :mad:......I work Monday and Thursday that week.......Figures.....Well, guess I will come out on other days.....really wanted to See them all.......somebody take pictures please!:cool:

Pat Dilling
07-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Come to the Cruise In downtown on Thursday night, also check out the hotel parking lots in the evenings as Bob suggested.

Bullet
07-24-2012, 06:28 PM
I will be taking lots of pictures as I am sure others will be as well and posting a link. We leave tomorrow....... SB or Bust. Driving the 64 Cruiser.

Mark

41 Frank
07-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes there is a separate car corral with vehicles for sale.

Ok, first time for me...never been to any type of nationals....what is the best day to just see the cars, and what day, same would be nice, to go to the swap meet.

Is there a separate car corral for vehicles for sale?

Second best day picks would be nice too, just in case I work.

Pat Dilling
07-24-2012, 11:11 PM
I will be taking lots of pictures as I am sure others will be as well and posting a link. We leave tomorrow....... SB or Bust. Driving the 64 Cruiser.

Mark

We are leaving tomorrow as well, what route are you taking?

Bullet
07-25-2012, 01:18 AM
We are going on Route 66. I am starting in LA, so makes more sense. I hope to see you at SB and talk to you about your Cruiser (parts car).

Mark

Pat Dilling
07-25-2012, 08:18 AM
See you there! East bound and down, loaded up and Stude-in'

studegary
07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
AAAHHHHHHH crap :mad:......I work Monday and Thursday that week.......Figures.....Well, guess I will come out on other days.....really wanted to See them all.......somebody take pictures please!:cool:

At least, all of the winning cars will be pictured in Turning Wheels.