PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Emergencies at the Fairground

Bob Henning
07-23-2012, 11:05 AM
American Red Cross will be available all week during the Meet at the Fairgrounds. On Concours Thursday, as mandated by recent rulings by the Board of Directors, additional people will be present in the Concours area in the event of an emergency. We are all getting older, and being in the Sun all day, along with the stress of having a car judged in the heat could result in someone getting sick quick. The people that can save your life will be located just inside the main gate to the right. It will take, at the most 30 seconds for them to get to you, and is centrally located in the Fairground area. Please take a moment and notice exactly where they are. They are there to help.

If you have questions, please post them here.

Bob Henning

Chris_Dresbach
07-23-2012, 04:42 PM
It is also worth noting that SOUTH BEND FIRE DEPT. STATION 10 IS DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET ON YORK ROAD FROM THE FAIRGROUNDS, JUST A SHORT DISTANCE FROM WHERE THE CONCOURSE WILL BE. Station 10 is both fire service and EMS, so fear not.

JRoberts
07-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Speaking of being in the sun all day on Thursday, will we be able to set up canopies in back of our cars? Mine will only be on display not up for judging if that makes a difference.

63 R2 Hawk
07-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Do they have defibrillators handy for the viewers of all those heart-stoppingly beautiful Studebakers?

Bob Henning
07-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Joe,
Canopies are ok. Please make sure to anchor yours down good. I would hate to have an accident with a canopy hitting a car.

63 R2,
We have 491 cars on the field so far. May need more than one defibrillator!

52 Ragtop
07-27-2012, 09:37 PM
As I recall at the May swap meet, there was an incident when the S. Bend Fire Department was needed! They responded in NO time! I don't remember the circumstances, but, I did hear that all was well!

Jim

Chris_Dresbach
07-27-2012, 11:54 PM
This may be a little off topic but if anybody plans on going on the tours of SI in the Chippewa plant my assistant "end man" is also a trained firefighter, so if anybody has a problem while on a tour between the two of us we can help you out until regular medics arrive.

Aussie Hawk
07-28-2012, 01:42 AM
By all accounts there will be a sizable Australian contingent this year, you better have some interpreters on hand ;-)

52 Ragtop
07-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Be sure to bring some of that "Port Wine" <G> I'll be bringing some of my neighbors beer from Triton Brewing!

Jim