Lark Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Seat

What type of bucket seats, non-Studebaker, fit well in a Lark? I'm looking for options and will be looking more at late model stuff.

Personally, I don't think any later-model buckets look right in a Lark. I've seen many different types, but none that I thought, as you asked, 'fit well'. Obviously, Necessity is the Mother of Invention though...

As a practical matter, here's the '91 Dodge seats I have cobbled into my '60 Lark:

Click image for larger version

Name:	larkRdSeatF.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1674936Click image for larger version

Name:	larkRdSeatR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1674937

The originals are completely rotted and stinky. Ideally I'd like to have them redone as original, but my upholstery guy of choice is 400 miles away. And, it's hard to spend as much on seats as the entire car is worth So I had these, and in they went. On the plus side, they are super-comfortable and after some tinkering to get them just right, make driving the car much nicer. Of course, red seats with a green exterior kinda sucks, but what can one do? Eventually I'll get tired of them and get the stockers redone if I keep the car that long. Time will tell on that.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

that back seat install looks great! Wonder what I could get to fit in the 65... hmmmmm
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
      X