Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian member introduction.

Hello, my name is Ken and I have become a "Studeholic"

I live in rural Victoria about 3 hours north of Melbourne. I have been a member for quite some time; but have not had anything worthwhile to contribute so have sat in the back stalls and listened intently.

I finally plucked up courage yesterday to start work on an unfinished project 65 cruiser that I bought a couple of years ago. (Actually I suddenly realized that if I didn;t start work on it now that I would rust out before it did. No use having it and never driving it).

After a real close inspection it is going to be more work than just "fitting up a few few accessories, brakes and driveline". Another $100 parts car I have is going to be a godsend. Original repairs were supposedly done by a panel beater. Looking under the paint in places I figure he would not be employed anywhere for long.

I think I will be needing all the help I can get.

Ken

Welcome aboard by a fellow Aussie to the Studebaker Forum. I am confident you will receive good support from our U.S membership along with local members to whatever queries you may raise. Good luck with the progress on your Stude.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Gee, another @#$!Victorian (LOL) Welcome to the forum Ken, if we in SA can ever be of assistance you just have to ask.
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Nice to meet you, Ken. I'm new to the boards, too & have already learned a lot. One thing I've learned is there are a lot of Studebakers in Australia. Guess I need to brush up on my history.
        Sue

Comment

Hi Ken,

We have spoken a few times before and I have sold you a few parts but we have never met face to face.

Glad you are back into the Cruiser project.

Chris.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Ken. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I had a reply typed out and when I went to upload it disappeared into la-la land.

Chris; more parts will be needed soon.

Ken

Comment

Chris leaves for the USA tomorrow and returns on August 27 - you'll probably need something by then Ken.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

To: krogash,--------Greetings!, Your '65 Cruiser sounds interesting. Was it assembled in OZ? Do You happen to know Tony Moisley? He's from Victoria I believe. (He has a BIG Studebaker collection I understand)

Comment

I'm curious about where it was assembled, too. Could be a Canadian that went south...way south Welcome to the forum.
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Big welcome to posting on the site Ken.

I have that dissapearing post thing happen alot. There are usually 2 possible reasons why that happens and the fix is the same. One reason could be your security stting time you out from inactivity. Even though you are typing in the reply window, your computer sees no movement on the site and shuts off your access so the site is basically gone. Oddly you can usually go back to the site with no issue, just the reply dies.
                      The other is that you may have not hit the right button. I have done that many times. I hit "reply to thread" and type my reply, but then rather than hit "post quick reply" I hit "reply to thread" again which starts the process over and sends my long post to oblivion.
                      The fix is easy though and just requires a little practice. If you hit the "File" button on the top left of the screen and then click "save" and save the post reply page you can always reload the reply if it disappears with one or 2 simple clicks. That is what someone taught me to do since I am a computer moron and it has helped. Just clean out your saved files once in a while and you will be fine.

Pictures, pictures, pictures....for yourself and us.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                        To: krogash,--------Greetings!, Your '65 Cruiser sounds interesting. Was it assembled in OZ? Do You happen to know Tony Moisley? He's from Victoria I believe. (He has a BIG Studebaker collection I understand)
                        Tony Moisley lives on the opposite side of Australia in the Perth area. If I had the numbers off the Stude I could clarify if it was assembled in Melbourne as a CKD unit.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                        MELBOURNE.

Comment

To: Hawk64,-----Thanks,...I haven't spoken with Tony in years....and He does live in Perth, Western Australia I believe. (Is that correct?)

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                            To: Hawk64,-----Thanks,...I haven't spoken with Tony in years....and He does live in Perth, Western Australia I believe. (Is that correct?)
                            Western Australia is correct for the city of Perth.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                            MELBOURNE.

Comment

Damn; just lost another reply. Could be timing out. My wi-fi link goes at the same time.

Jim Q, Body number is C514082. I also have another 65 C514128 which was the personal vehicle of Alan Trevaskis of Trevaskis Motors; the Shepparton dealer.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X