1963 Wagonaire evaluation,please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Wagonaire evaluation,please

Advertising for the seller.I will post what I can about it.
    1 owner,needs total resto.Tired 259 with 3peed o.d trans.Twin traction.Pic below shows window sticker.
    Will need front fenders,rocker panels...unsure of how much floor work.Been sitting in a shed for years.
    We couldnt get the hood open as the release cable seemed stuck.We are looking for opinions as far as value.
    I expect a wide variety of opinions
    Here is a link to the pictures I took:
    Attached Files
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Five hundred to a thousand dollars.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Sliding roof, V8, OD, documentation...all good.

Rust (that door pillar looks terminal), not a Daytona, needs EVERYTHING...bad.

As is...I'd say a parts car (<$1,000)

Cleaned up, running, driving, driveway brakes...maybe $2,500 tops (I wouldn't pay that much...assuming the car was local to me...but there MAY be a buyer at that).

Keep in mind I paid Pat his low asking price for the one I have and I think I was the only one interested. It's a never rust desert car with a pro base/clear paint job and it was mostly complete but requires assembly, some rechroming, interior, some parts chasing.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Since ultimately the dollar value of this vehicle will probably never be very high, and You'd have to sink much $$ and time into this one, if You want one of these it would make more sense to purchase the nicest one You can afford.

Comment

Anything can be fixed given time and money.

Back in the mid 1990s, I bought a wagonaire for parts, it had been setting in a farm yard, yet had similar rust issues for $200.00

Jeff T.
          \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
          The Replacements.

Comment

I agree with the $500 to $1,000 range, but I suspect that once I had a chance to look her over in person, the $500 end would be more likely. Even if everything is there, it may need to be replaced anyway (the dash pad is one of the higher cost "simple" items that comes to mind).
            ~Matt Connor
            '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

To: bob40,------- It wont go cheap, but if I were You I'd start chasing Steinkamp!

Comment

$500 max - the tailgate's worth half that.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

As it sits, I would say $400-$500. If you get it out and clean it up and get it running, I would say $700-$900.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Does the Lark Apartment building on the hood come with it?
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Bob, if you can get the motor running, I'd be interested in the motor and tranny. How far is this car from Annandale? My father in law works at a dealership there, and I could have him pick them up. Then you could either part out the rest of the car (I see a couple things I might like) or send it to the scrap yard/sell it for parts. Shoot me a pm if you're interested
                      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Sold new in International Falls, MN. Isn't that where Rockie & Bullwinkle are from? Anyway, I say $500.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                          Sold new in International Falls, MN. Isn't that where Rockie & Bullwinkle are from? Anyway, I say $500.
                          That would be Frostbite Falls

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have a similar Daytona--259, OD, but not as well equipped. No TT, reclining seats, or Hill Holder--the 3 options I wish it had. Mine was running and driving with no rust in the tailgate, good brakes, and a trailer hitch. I paid a bit more than $1000 for mine. Mine SHOULD look like Dick's car, but doesn't....yet...or any time soon. Parts chasing like a good replacement dash etc take time. I think StudeGary has it priced just about right for that P4 wagon

Comment

just a parts car..........500 or less in it current condition

Comment

Working...
                              X