PDA

View Full Version : The Woody has Arrived at the Museum!!

Bob Henning
07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
After many years of work, travel, and effort the Woody has arrived at the Studebaker National Museum fully restored! This is one of the focal points of the 48th Annual Studebaker International Meet in South Bend. The Woody will be on the main floor so make sure you come to the Museum and take a look at it. It will be a lasting example of teamwork, expertise, history, and dedication for many generations. Thanks to the many people who worked on this project. It is a truely beautiful car, and a great addition to the Museum.

rockne10
07-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Add your thanks here.
I will thank Max Corkins.

Chris_Dresbach
07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
YEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Thanks for the update Bob. When I heard it was at Barrys getting the interior finished a while back I've been driving by there on my way home from work trying to get a glympse at it. Sure am glad to hear it's FINALLY DONE!!!
One question though, when will the formal unveiling be at the SNM? I'd like to be there if possible.

Bob Henning
07-19-2012, 08:41 AM
I am not sure when the formal unveiling will be, but I also would like to be there. I will ask today as we have a meeting today, and post it here for everyone.

DieselJim
07-19-2012, 10:28 PM
The wife and I saw it today. It looks like a piece of art, just beautiful. Jim

Bob Henning
07-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Regarding the unveiling, it will have a formal unveilng after the Meet. The informal unveiling will be during the Meet. I got to see it last night, and I agree with Jim. It will be something generations will admire.

Peanut
07-20-2012, 07:35 AM
I dearly hope that she'll be available for viewing at the museum on the Saturday of the beginnning of the International meet (July 28). I'll be passing through as my family drives from Missouri to Montreal, and I will be crying during our entire vacation if I don't get to see the Woody in the flesh! :(

Bob Henning
07-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Matt,

I will find out when the car gets put on the turnstyle on the ground floor, and leave a message here. I hope it works into your plans. It is pretty nice!

Bob H.

Peanut
07-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Matt,
I will find out when the car gets put on the turnstyle on the ground floor, and leave a message here. I hope it works into your plans. It is pretty nice!
Bob H.

Thanks, Bob!

Bob Henning
07-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Gentlemen,

According to the Museum, they are 99.5 percent sure it will be on display by Saturday. It will be on the turntable in the window at the Museum. They are just working on the final touches for the display.

Thanks
Bob H.

Mark57
07-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks to everyone involved in this project for all of your hard work and dedication. :!!::)

Bob Henning
07-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Peanut,

OK, as of yesterday, the folks at the Museum are 99.5 percent sure that the Woody will be sitting on the turnstile, front and center at the Museum before Saturday.

I hope you are able to stop by and see it. It is really a beautiful car that generations will not only learn the story behind it, but also appreciate special it is.

Peanut
07-24-2012, 07:45 PM
I plan to leave town by 5:00 a.m. GoogleMaps puts that trip at just over 8 hours. Planning a lunch break and bathroom breaks, I think that I could be there between 2:00 and 3:00. I hope that I can see everything I want to in the museum within an hour, because we're trying to make it to Lansing in time to have a little fun before bedtime.

Thanks, again, for everybody's work on this project. If worse comes to worst, and I don't have the time to stop by on the way up, we'll be retracing our steps on the way home, so I could try to drop by on Sunday.

Bob Henning
07-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Matt,
I was lucky enough to get many pictures in the past week or so, and you will not be disappointed.

Stu Chapman
07-25-2012, 10:17 AM
And let's remember Phil Brown when we're admiring this work of art. This project is memory of Phil and his leadership in bringing it to fruition.
Stu Chapman

studegary
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I plan to leave town by 5:00 a.m. GoogleMaps puts that trip at just over 8 hours. Planning a lunch break and bathroom breaks, I think that I could be there between 2:00 and 3:00. I hope that I can see everything I want to in the museum within an hour, because we're trying to make it to Lansing in time to have a little fun before bedtime.

Thanks, again, for everybody's work on this project. If worse comes to worst, and I don't have the time to stop by on the way up, we'll be retracing our steps on the way home, so I could try to drop by on Sunday.

I think that you will find that one hour will only cover the "tip of the iceberg".

studegary
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM
And let's remember Phil Brown when we're admiring this work of art. This project is memory of Phil and his leadership in bringing it to fruition.
Stu Chapman

Thanks, Stu. I have thought of Phil each time that there is a posting about the "woody".

BobPalma
07-25-2012, 02:25 PM
And let's remember Phil Brown when we're admiring this work of art. This project is memory of Phil and his leadership in bringing it to fruition. Stu Chapman

Good point, Stu. I hope there is an In Memorium sign testifying to Phil's devotion to this project, "lest we forget." :cool: BP

Chris_Dresbach
07-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Also need to remember the many volunteers who literally spent thousands of man hours working on this project and those who donated parts and money to the project. It really wouldn't have ever gotten done without them.

DieselJim
07-26-2012, 09:53 PM
I was at the Museum this morning and helped to push the Woody onto the turn style, if that is what it is called. So it is on display now. Jim

studegary
07-27-2012, 12:38 PM
I was at the Museum this morning and helped to push the Woody onto the turn style, if that is what it is called. So it is on display now. Jim

Thanks for the information and your help. A turntable would be a better description. I remember when a lot of new car dealerships had them in their showrooms. A turnstyle is what people go through, like in a subway.

Chris_Dresbach
07-27-2012, 04:48 PM
I stopped by the museum today on my way home from work and looked in through the window at the Woody. It looks great!

52 Ragtop
07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
As others have said, a BIG THANKS to Phil Brown and his dedication to this project. I am sure he has one heck of a BIG smile right now!

Jim