Calling webmasters for local SDC chapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling webmasters for local SDC chapters

Is anyone here a webmaster/admin of a local SDC website? I spoke with our local chapter president this last week, and I'm planning on giving a presentation at our next meeting regarding getting our chapter online. He seemed excited about the opportunity, and asked if I could get in touch with webmasters of other local chapters to hash out ideas, find out what has worked with other sites, etc. So if you're an admin, shoot me a PM or post here, and let's chat. Thanks!
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

I think your man is Clark Novak, our very own Studebaker Forum Webmaster.

I love it when I can "volunteer" someone ELSE for a job!

A little Birdie told me that he has set up a Chapter or two!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I made this one. http://georgiastudebaker.com/

Comment

I have put together my home Chapter's website: http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Diane Crooks out of nearby St. Joseph, Mo. administers this one for the Heart of America Chapter.

\'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
          \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Hi:
            I'm the webmaster (and site builder) for the Los Angeles Chapter. www.studebakersla.com. Feel free to email me with questions.
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll be getting in touch with all of you shortly.

In the mean time and for the sake of promoting discussion out here, what benefit has the website been to your chapter?

For any non web admins who are reading this, what do you like and/or want from a local chapter website?

Thanks all!

Comment

I do two webpages one for the hamilton chapter sdc http://thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca
                one for the Canadian Avanti http://canadianavanti.ca/index.html
                Susan Lusted

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
                studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Jim, my contribution would be this. Keep your website up to date!! I do not go to my local website due to it not having been updated for years. A website is NOT a tombstone, it needs to be checked and changed every few days.

Good luck.

Comment

I have no part in putting together our website, but as a Regional Manager the one thing I would suggest is that when a chapter decides to create a chapter website be sure that it is kept up to date. When folks are looking for a chapter in their area many times Google is the source they use. If they go to a website that is obviously out of date, it may hurt a chapter more than help it.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Webmaster

ncsdc.net

our site
                      Jack White Webmaster
                      Jack White
                      Charlotte,NC
                      North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Dear Jim. I developed the Chilean SDC Chapter web site: it is here:

In our case the objective of the web site is not to have information on events. or just our cars. We are few and contact by e mail frequently. As Studes were scarce in Chile (even when a Studebaker assembly factory operated in our country) . our purpose through the web site is to maintain the Studebaker light alive for the car community in our country (and we have had success) , so the site has as much content about Chilean Studebakers as we can, not being the periodic actualizations so important.

As you can see there are different views and objectives in the SDC chapters websites worldwide .

I will be happy to help

Comment

I don't know if it would be concidered a webmaster positiion, but I run the Michiana Chapter's Facebook page. Bob Henning (1961 Lark Guy) handles all of the other "computer stuff" for the chapter and does an excellent job of it.
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                            I don't know if it would be concidered a webmaster positiion, but I run the Michiana Chapter's Facebook page. Bob Henning (1961 Lark Guy) handles all of the other "computer stuff" for the chapter and does an excellent job of it.
                            It's absolutely a valid one in my book. I would like to see our chapter move onto the facebook, so any info you can give will be appreciated.

Everyone, thanks so much. PM's have been sent, and I look forward to hearing your input! If anyone else would like to offer their input, let me know.

Comment

1936 Dictator
                              1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                              1953 Commander Regal HT
                              1953 2R5 Pickup
                              1947 M16 Truck
                              1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                              1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                              1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                              1962 GT Hawk
                              1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                              1963 GT Hawk R2
                              1964 Daytona Convertible
                              1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Working...
                              X