Motel 6 In South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motel 6 In South Bend

I have been staying at Motel 6, off and on for several decades. I have found some were great and couple I refused to spend the night at. I have also found the same location can improve drastically in a few years, and can also go down hill drastically in a few years.
    Today on-line, I found two in SB, off I80/90 exits 77 and 83. I opted to reserve the one off exit 77 because it has a swimming pool. Can anyone offer any insight into Motel 6 condition in SB now days? Did I choose the best of the two? Or are they both undesirable now days?

While you will get different opinions from everyone here my opinion is that I would not personally stay at the one off exit 77 again. During our stay a few years back it was noisy during the night and was run down. It may have improved since so your experience may differ from ours.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I will no longer stay in most of the motels on the north side of SB. They just keep up to a very minimum standard and make a living off Notre Dame events. I believe that the Motel 6 is where some Studebakers and truck/trailer combinations were stolen from the parking lot at the last SDC International in SB.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Before I stay at a motel 6 with a pool, I would want to flush the toilet and see if waves form in the pool!
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks to input from you nice folks, I have now cancelled Motel 6, and have a reservation at MicroTel, on 222 Dixie, in SB. IIRC, that is a lot closer to the fairgrounds anyway.

Thanks Again,
          Joe

Comment

Howdy Joe, I will also be at the Microtel with my Avanti - nice to know that at least one other Stude guy will be there. Is that a Skyhawk in your signature photo? I chose the Microtel because of reviews and the fact that it is a short distance to the Inn at St Mary's (and cheaper - CASO content)...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by AnAvanti4Bob View Post
              Howdy Joe, I will also be at the Microtel with my Avanti - nice to know that at least one other Stude guy will be there. Is that a Skyhawk in your signature photo? I chose the Microtel because of reviews and the fact that it is a short distance to the Inn at St Mary's (and cheaper - CASO content)...Bob
              Hi Bob,
              Its a 56J in the pic. The MicroTel does not have a swimming pool, but I guess we can't have everything. Mainly the pool was for my two sons, who could almost live in the water. I look forward to bumpin into you in the parking lot

Comment

Wise move Joe....Motel 6 on 31 is a bad !
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                X