Sound Familiar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Familiar?

"The most senseless thing a loss-making company can do is maintain existing overcapacity and guarantee jobs under pressure from unions and politicians - it's deadly, like a millstone around the neck of someone drowning. There is only one way to guarantee jobs and that's by earning a profit. After all the wrong decisions taken, I really am concerned whether it will still be around in 10 years' time."

From this story http://goo.gl/iGTf3 about GM's attempts to deal with the red ink it's bleeding all over Europe via Opel.

IMHO, all of these business people and politicians should go back and re-read Adam Smith's- The Wealth of Nations! This book laid the foundation for a durable goods, manufacturing system of economics that was the West's Blueprint for economic success.
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I completely agree but don't get me started on this subject lest I be accused of making a common sense statement that will be seen as a "politically incorrect" posting.....

Comment

Working...
      X