PDA

View Full Version : Thursday (8-2-12) Studebaker Parade

AnAvanti4Bob
07-16-2012, 07:51 PM
I posted this on AOAI forum several days ago with no responses, so figured I would try it here as this board gets more traffic:

Howdy, I recently became aware that after the Thursday Concours the attending Studebakers are to parade thru South Bend. Since the AOAI awards dinner is also on that same night, will the Avantis in attendance be part of that event or will those attending the AOAI dinner have a seperate route/parade. I do have an Avanti (#3062) and do plan on attending the AOAI dinner...Thanks for your responses, Bob

Bob Henning
07-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Bob,
I assume you are in the Concours. If you aren't that is ok too. If you are at the Concours, the line will start close to 4 pm. We leave the Fairgrounds at 4. The South Bend Police will be there to take us down the parade route. If you aren't, join us downtown anyway. Please be a part of this. This is not an exclusive SDC event, both ASC and AOAI are invited. This event will be from 5-7. Leave when you need to go to the Avanti dinner.

THEN,
When you are done, come back for Fun Night! The price of admission will be cheaper for people like yourself that have gone to the Avanti Dinner and are not eating the Polish Buffet. Enjoy the music, meet some friends, or make new ones. We are also giving away a flat screen TV and the winner must be present.

AnAvanti4Bob
07-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Sometimes assumptions ARE correct - I am in the concours and wouldn't miss the spectacular of all those Studebakers on parade: old cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed. Where is the "Fun Night" to be held? Thanks for this info and your quick responses to my several other questions - I look forward to making new Studebaker friends. Bob

Bob Henning
07-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Fun Night is held at the Century Center. Parking is free in the parking lot adjacent to the Century Center. Look forward to seeing you!

Bob H.

Randy Ridenour
07-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Will I be able to return my car to the fairgrounds after the parade? I'm thinking it will be safer there than at the hotel.

Thanks,
Randy

Bob Henning
07-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Randy,
See me at the Fairgrounds when you get in and we can talk.

Bob Henning

Randy Ridenour
07-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Bob,

Thanks, I'll look you up that day. If returning to the fairgrounds that evening is a problem, I'll take the car back to the hotel.

Randy

Bob Henning
07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Randy,
Look me up and we can get something worked out.

Bob