PDA

View Full Version : Steele Rubber products

tomlewis
07-16-2012, 10:35 AM
I've been workin hard to assemble the '37 Coupe-Express that I hope to bring to South Bend. I finally have the stainless back so I worked on the front clip this weekend. One of the things to go on was the pair of headlight mounting brackets on the side of the nosepiece. I've purchased parts over the years as I could afford and put them on the shelf and the rubber mounting pads for those brackets were some of those. When I tried to install them I found that Steele had sent two passenger side pads instead of a pair. I dug out the original invoice and found that I had purchased them at the Hershey swap meet in 2000.
Not very hopeful that they would do anything about parts that old, I called Steele this morning prepared to have to order new so I could mount the headlights. They didn't even hesitate about telling me to send them back and that they would replace them with a proper pair. The customer service representative told me that he exchanged some parts for a man last week that had been on the man's shelf for 18 yers.
It's nice to do business with people who stand behind their product and service (and who are still in business). Thei quality on all the things that I have puyrchased over the years has been very good and I would recommend them if you are looking for something that our regular Studebaker suppliers might not have.

FlatheadGeo
07-16-2012, 11:50 AM
That is great to hear. Good luck with your reassembly!

2R5
07-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Now you'd think with a vendor that good that our powers to be would be getting companys like that to advertise in TWs.....a win , win friendship.

Talk about ways to help the money flow!

Stu Chapman
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Now you'd think with a vendor that good that our powers to be would be getting companys like that to advertise in TWs.....a win , win friendship.

Talk about ways to help the money flow!

Bob...talk to me about this tonight.
Stu Chapman

JoeHall
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Back in the days when many rubber things were simply unavailable, I had them re-vulcanize 56J motor mounts on more than one occasion. Never had anything but positive experiences with them and their products. They are at the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, KY every year now days too, so its good to know they are still doing what they have done so well for decades.

SusieQ
07-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I have dealt with them from the time I restored Corvettes, Camaros, Buicks, and now Studebakers and have always found them to be the best... Their service is great and always has been. Roly Lusted, Hamilton SDC