Approved by WHOM???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved by WHOM???

This guy states that the manual is reproduced with "factory approval". Which factory? Coca Cola? Trojans? Maybe he's got an "in" we don't know about.

John

Approved by Xerox, or Canon, or whoever manufactured his copier.

Las Vegas, NV
    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Approved by Xerox, or Canon, or whoever manufactured his copier.

Las Vegas, NV
      '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

The guy has over 3000 reproduction literature items listed with that comment, mostly companies still making cars that he'd need approval from and he didn't change his listing template for the orphans.

JDP/Maryland
        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
        64 GT R2
        63 GT R2
        63 Lark 2 door
        59 3E truck
        58 Starlight
        52 & 53 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

The guy has over 3000 reproduction literature items listed with that comment, mostly companies still making cars that he'd need approval from and he didn't change his listing template for the orphans.

JDP/Maryland
          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
          64 GT R2
          63 GT R2
          63 Lark 2 door
          59 3E truck
          58 Starlight
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

He also puts you in a delemma if you want to purchase the factory approved book. Should I bid the $36 and hope nobody outbids me in the next 6 days or, should I buy it now for $37 and not take that risk ???

Comment

He also puts you in a delemma if you want to purchase the factory approved book. Should I bid the $36 and hope nobody outbids me in the next 6 days or, should I buy it now for $37 and not take that risk ???

Comment

quote:Should I bid the $36 and hope nobody outbids me in the next 6 days or, should I buy it now for $37 and not take that risk ???
                Or purchase from a Studebaker vendor exactly what he's selling, and pay only $30!

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Should I bid the $36 and hope nobody outbids me in the next 6 days or, should I buy it now for $37 and not take that risk ???
                  Or purchase from a Studebaker vendor exactly what he's selling, and pay only $30!

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If you are a ebay buyer you know that if you want a rare/desirable item, it's a no-brainer, you give em their lousy $1.00 rather than take a chance on doing the bidding war thing!

Of course this item we know is overpriced, and could be bought from a reputable Stude. dealer!

quote:Originally posted by bonehead007

He also puts you in a dilemma if you want to purchase the factory approved book. Should I bid the $36 and hope nobody outbids me in the next 6 days or, should I buy it now for $37 and not take that risk ???
                    [:0]

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If you are a ebay buyer you know that if you want a rare/desirable item, it's a no-brainer, you give em their lousy $1.00 rather than take a chance on doing the bidding war thing!

Of course this item we know is overpriced, and could be bought from a reputable Stude. dealer!

quote:Originally posted by bonehead007

He also puts you in a dilemma if you want to purchase the factory approved book. Should I bid the $36 and hope nobody outbids me in the next 6 days or, should I buy it now for $37 and not take that risk ???
                      [:0]

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't hit the BIN often, but came across a Studebaker STP can right after it was listed earlier this week. It had an opening bid of $3.99 and a BIN of $6.99. I hit the BIN as the prices on these can have been going crazy lately. Even Jim Heiple was selling his manuals at York this year for $25.00 a pop.

Comment

I don't hit the BIN often, but came across a Studebaker STP can right after it was listed earlier this week. It had an opening bid of $3.99 and a BIN of $6.99. I hit the BIN as the prices on these can have been going crazy lately. Even Jim Heiple was selling his manuals at York this year for $25.00 a pop.

Comment

Working...
                          X