John Ward Studebaker's relationship??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Ward Studebaker's relationship??

I have searched all over the place for a genealogical tie between John Ward and "the" Studebaker family and cannot find anything family related. I found a lot about his professional life, primarily his career as US Superintendent of Education.

I got curious about this after finding a grade 7 arithmetic text in my father's stuff from 1926, which was authored by Studebaker and others.

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
    I have searched all over the place for a genealogical tie between John Ward and "the" Studebaker family and cannot find anything family related. I found a lot about his professional life, primarily his career as US Superintendent of Education.

I got curious about this after finding a grade 7 arithmetic text in my father's stuff from 1926, which was authored by Studebaker and others.
    John Ward Studebaker (1887-1956) was no direct relative with any of the five brothers. He wrote numerous books (mostly texts) on the topic of arithmetic. Born and raised in Iowa served as Supt of Des Moines School system. The book "The Studebaker Family in America" devotes an entire page to his biography...too much to post here. There are lots of people out there with the Studebaker name that have no affiliation with the original brothers of wagon making fame. The Studebaker Family National Association simply refers to each as "cousins."
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Mr. Quinn,

Thanks for the info. Basically, that is what I found with the exception of clarifying that there was no relationship.

Comment

Working...
      X