PDA

View Full Version : Parting 62 Hawk

Kurt
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
A few months ago I posted about a 62 GT Hawk that I was parting out. I sold the doors and some trim at that time. I got real busy at work and kind of stopped for awhile.... Things have slowed down again, and I have started dismantling it again. This car has been sitting for 40 years, and honestly there isn't much here that is any good. If you are looking for anything, send me a PM and I will let you know if what I have will do you any good.

Some items

Hood, bent corners
Trunk, dented
Rear fenders, rusted in front bottom
Front fenders, spoken for
Front and back glass, front has wiper scratch rear looks good
Hydrovac, core?
Heater core, antifreeze ran out! Probably OK
Defroster core and fan
Dash, pretty crappy, but complete, all gauges switches and wires
Complete power steering unit
Headliner stainless. Pretty nice!
Headliner bows
Rear quarter windows
Complete chasis. Looks pretty good going to clean it up to make sure it has no rust out

Can bring parts to South Bend. I will be there Wenesday and Thursday.

studefan
07-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Kurt,

Do you have a good used driver side front grille housing? Also, need a pair of good or better used parking light lenses that go inside the lower grille housings? Thanks

Kurt
07-08-2012, 09:04 PM
The drivers side grill is OK, BUT, the housing for the parking light is rusted out. The passenger lens is OK, the other side is cracked.

1962larksedan
07-08-2012, 09:50 PM
That frame; assuming its easily fixable, is worth a few dollars to someone wanting something stronger under a 1953-61 C/K body. :)

Kurt
07-09-2012, 01:55 PM
first looks of the frame look to be promising. It appears to be quite solid.

adolphpeavy
07-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Hello Kurt, I have 60 Hawk, looking for a radiator and the steel L-shaped bracket htat holds the fog light assembly...

Kurt
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Sorry, I don't have either.

CHIEF BLAZE
07-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi Kurt:

How about interior door sill plates (under door and on top of the carpets?) Also, need lower Torque Converter cover for 55 V8 President Automatic Tranny.

Mine is 55 C Body President.

Kurt
07-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Lower torque converter I can help you with. Sold the sill plates. PM me with what you need exactly.

krish
07-11-2012, 02:48 AM
hello Kurt
i am looking for the upper steering cloumn shaft - this is the part onto which the turn signal is attached. it must be complete with inside components and wiring. cost ? i am coming to south bend from south africa for teh meet.

i have a 61 right hand drive hawk - i want to add power steering - i know that it would not just bolt on and modifications are necessary - please advise if possible what parts would work and what i must modify. _ advise on cost of entire system including bolts and brackets, hoses and pulley.

regards

krish

Anne F. Goodman
07-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Hello Kurt I have someone looking for headliner chrome for his 62 may need bows too. How much?
Thanks Anne

Kurt
07-11-2012, 11:03 AM
One more thing...... As I look closer, I can see that the rear seat footwells are in really good shape. I would cut them out if anyone is interested. The front frame mounts are good too. The ones that are attached to the firewall inside the engine compartment..... I see that CE reproduces both of those, so if anyone likes, I can salvage that before I haul the rest of this rusty hulk to the recyclers. I plan to load up the "rusty junk" this weekend.

adolphpeavy
07-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Kurt any side trim/moldings?

Kurt
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
The stainless trim is still pretty good. All other emblems and trim are pitted and not much count really. Like I said earlier this car has sat for 40 years. Its first 10 of use was in the rust belt. Not very kind to any kind of metal. The stainless that is left that is what I would consider to be very good is the strip that covers the fender bolts at the rear. The door trim went with the doors. I am letting the front fender trim go with them. The short piece under the quarter windows was ruined when I removed them. My bad.......... The wheell well mouldings are gone. I still have the headliner bows, although I have been asked about them..... The stainless in the window trim is still available and looks like it would clean up real nice.

One more thing. If any of you have parts and such for a 51 commander 4dr, or a Champ pick up, I might entertain swapping parts......

satdoc2
07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Kurt,
What condition is the batwing crossmember in? It bolts under the frame and supports the door pillar posts? About 6 feet long.
Allen

Kurt
07-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Its good. I have the body off the frame now, it amazes me how solid the frame is compared to the body shell. It about buckled up when I removed it, the frame/batwing look very good.

Kurt
07-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Update:

I pulled the engine and tranny today. I got the crank out of the block. The 289 crank is OK. It will need to be turned down. To be perfect. It has some light scratches. I don't think I am going to salvage the block. It had three pistons that were stuck. It was a real pain in the a$$ to get the crank out. Anybody need any of the engine parts before I scrap it out?

evilhawk
07-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Damn I wish I was closer I would buy the whole rolling frame from u

Kurt
07-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Just a reminder....

I still have many parts left. I will be in south bend on Wednesday and Thursday. I am bringing a few things now. Anyone else still interested? The power steering stuff is still available, the 289 crank is too, batwing is not rusted.

Colgate Studebaker
07-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Kurt, I'm interested in the 289 crank. Do you have any idea how much it will need to be turned down? If it can be done with .010 on the rods and mains, I'll take it. I'll be in SB on tuesday and wednesday, so we should be able to get the business taken care of. How much $$ do you need for it? By the way, is the block possibly a full flow? If it is, I'd suggest you hang on to it. The frozen pistons CAN be gotten out with a little cautious work. Thanks, hope to see you this wednesday. Bill