July 8th race results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 8th race results

Today was Studebaker day out at the lawn tractor race track. We had 5 Studebakers in attandance. Tom Molnar's rollback, his factory tug, a Champ pickup, a '48 LC, and my '40. Time trials were fast but the track was slick due to humidity, I qualified 4th fastest. I won the first heat and the semi-feature. I think the new motor I just built for it payed off. Hopefully Bob Henning will post some pics from the time trials.
    Chris Dresbach

Congratulations! Lawn Larks obviously can really cut it!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Good Deal Chris ! I am shure Bob is busy with the National Meet so dont be disapointed if the pictures are posted after that. If nothing broke and you had fun consider it a good day. Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Speed 53 View Post
        Good Deal Chris ! I am shure Bob is busy with the National Meet so dont be disapointed if the pictures are posted after that. If nothing broke and you had fun consider it a good day. Ed
        Nothing broke, and I've never seen that tractor drive so fast! For once I had to run the outside lane because the engine had some much power it was wheel hopping in the inside lane turns. There are still a few steering modifications I want to do to it, but I think it was a good day. Some of the best wheel to wheel racing I've ever competed in, literally 2" away from the driver in the other lane! Had a blast.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
          Congratulations! Lawn Larks obviously can really cut it!
          I've been told it kicks grass.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
          X