1963 GT Hawk - putting it back together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 GT Hawk - putting it back together

It's been four years, but progress is being made. Wow, this is a lot of parts. There are boxes of tag and bag ziplock containers with nuts and bolts. I hope I can figures out what my description meant then.

Okay Jon, you don't need to bug me anymore.

Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Four years and a move...... Hope you can find all the parts. I can't wait to see the final product. Steinkamp ain't the only one that builds perfect cars. Look for this picture in a future issue of Hawk Talks. Thanks Perry.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
      <snip>
      There are boxes of tag and bag ziplock containers with nuts and bolts. I hope I can figures out what my description meant then.
      <snip>
      Good that you bagged and tagged!
      My wife locks up the boxes of sandwich bags every time I start a project
      Jeff
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

There's a point when you do enough of 'em that you can pick up a piece and tell where it goes. That's when you know ya need to get a life.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks, Jon, but Dick is in a completely different league. As an example, I have a box of adjustable trim fasteners I will use to install the stainless trim along the top of the fenders I learned about from Dick on this forum. I remember the photo he posted showing the stainless steel on the door in perfect alignment with the trim on the back fender.
          Perry
          \'50 Business Champion
          \'50 Starlight Champion
          \'60 Lark Convertible,
          \'63 GT R1,
          \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I think Jon is the one with the perfect cars. I'll trade anything I have for either one of his...any day.

Perry,
            You're lucky that YOU are the one that disassembled it. The last three cars I've done were apart before I got them (but with my poor memory it probably wouldn't matter ). Here's the Wagonaire fresh off the delivering carrier...

Good luck with your Hawk. I believe the 63's were the best of the best.
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
              I think Jon is the one with the perfect cars. I'll trade anything I have for either one of his...any day.
              Perry and I are both giggling about that one. Perry has seen my cars up close. Both very nice but far from perfect. That's what I get when I don't do the work myself and drive them all the time.

It always makes me nervous when Perry walks up to my car. It's like he's got radar that takes him straight to the imperfection I was hoping people wouldn't notice. And most people don't. That's what makes him a great judge at meets. Nothing gets by his eagle eye. (hey, that rhymes)
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
              X