Cup Washers For Upper & Lower 'A' Arm Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: Cup Washers For Upper & Lower 'A' Arm Bushings

I plan to replace the Delrin bushings in the 'A' arms with OEM type, but noticed the Delrins use a flat washer instead of the convex/cup washers used with OEM. Guess I will be on the look out for cup washers at SB, unless someone on the NG has some handy ?

Thanks

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
    I plan to replace the Delrin bushings in the 'A' arms with OEM type, but noticed the Delrins use a flat washer instead of the convex/cup washers used with OEM. Guess I will be on the look out for cup washers at SB, unless someone on the NG has some handy ?

Thanks
    Joe

May I ask why you are replacing them? Harsh ride, too much wear, etc.

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,
      I read up on Delrins on this NG, and there is quite a bit of controversy. but I decided to ere on the side of caution, and go with OEM type rubber ones, since I know they will do the job long and well, without risk of frame damage. Though several on the NG opined the rubber ones will only last a few years, that has not been my experience. I recently replaced the rubber ones on the GT after well over a decade and 100,000 miles. They were still not worn totally out (metal to metal), but definitely needed replacing.

This car probably has less than 5,000 miles on the Delrins (or anything else since resto 12-14 years ago) but the springs need replacing anyway. The springs are worse than tired, they are exhausted ! Why someone would rebuild the front suspension on a comparatively nose heave GT (factory AC, PS and PB), and not replace tired, original springs is beyond me, but that is apparently what was done on this car. So it will get rubber bushings and Moog CC655 springs.

Maybe I can trade someone a slightly used set of Delrins for a set of cup, OEM type bushing washers

Comment

Posted by JoeHall
        Maybe I can trade someone a slightly used set of Delrins for a set of cup, OEM type bushing washers
        Joe

If you are serious, I know I have one side from a C/K and will check for the rest. If I don't find them, may I ask a favor? I have the Delrin to machine a set for my Avanti. If you remove yours could I ask you to send me an upper and lower example and I'll pay postage both ways or get them at SB. And, of course, several beverages of your choice at The IM in SB.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
          Joe

If you are serious, I know I have one side from a C/K and will check for the rest. If I don't find them, may I ask a favor? I have the Delrin to machine a set for my Avanti. If you remove yours could I ask you to send me an upper and lower example and I'll pay postage both ways or get them at SB. And, of course, several beverages of your choice at The IM in SB.

Bob
          Sure Bob. And if I can get them out without having to destroy them, you can just keep them for possible re-use, if you send me a set of the subject cup washers

They are the kind with grease zerks installed.

Comment

Working...
          X