Need advise on a potential purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise on a potential purchase

I am looking at purchasing another Stude Business Coupe. The bad thing about it , it does not have a serial plate. What to do??????? It is a 1951 Business Coupe Q1

Does it have a rear frame crossmember?
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Check with your state dmv they may have a way to title it. They can make up a new vin tag and install it for you. I know they do here in MN.

Comment

It's in California; is it a Commander?

If so, half the club is about to desend on your place to have a look at the only one built; the Holy Grail mystery of 1951 Studebaker passenger car production. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, Yes it has a rear cross member.

Comment

Should be a serial number on the underside of the rear-most lip.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Any titles or other literature with the car that might have the number? And as Mr. Palma stated, if it IS the Commander - no one is going to care if it has that ID plate or not

Comment

Working...
              X