Tissue box holder question,,,,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tissue box holder question,,,,,,

Where does one get the tissue box that fits into the box holder? I've looked around and can't find the tissues that fit. Appears to me that I have to make my own box.
    Jim Rostron

They don't make them in that size box any more. Most NOS tissue dispensers I've seen have come with an NOS box of Kleenex in it. I save that box and carefullly insert new tissues in it. Kinda silly I guess. You might be able to remove the contents of a new box of Kleenex and insert them in the dispenser sans the box.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

To: mnmfive,------True, an original Kleenex tissue box might be worth as much as the box holder itself!!

Comment

I bet you could find one on eBay with a little diligent searching It's amazing how many old household goods people put on eBay.

Check these out!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

They still use them in most hotels. Spend the night at a hotel and make off with the tissue box. If you feel guilty about taking it, leave a nice tip.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

There's another way if you don't want to steal a box. Buy a full size box of tissues and cut it down just like you would "channel" a car. That method also makes it easier to refill the box.
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I didn't think about that, but yes - hospitality packaging is the right size for these. I bet you could get them from a hotel or foodservice supplier.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I have been able to buy the ones I need for both my 50 Champ and my 64 Cruiser at my local K Mart. but we have seen them at other stores as well. Not real common, but not unobtainable either. At least in So Cal.

Mark

Comment

Mark,
                  Got a Kmart brand name for your noseblowers?

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                    There's another way if you don't want to steal a box. Buy a full size box of tissues and cut it down just like you would "channel" a car. That method also makes it easier to refill the box.
                    I think that you would have to "section" the box, not "channel" it, in order to make it fit.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have an extra for the '51. If you really can't find one, I'll mail you this one.

Comment

I am traveling in the NW this week, so can't check until I am home again next Tues. then I will let you know. It looks just like Matthews.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X