Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Starter Solenoid/electrical question

Hi everyone, happy 4th.

Is the started solenoid on the 60' lark same as a ford unit? I would like to have a spare. Also, cleaning up some old wiring under the hood, the bracket that bolts to the back of the 259 that is the throttle linkage, on the top is some kind of relay (for the OD) that has 4 wires going to it, two red and two black I believe.. one of the red wires has an inline fuse that someone along the way has added. I have never had an issue with this component but the wires are old and tired.. is this correct to have a fuse here?

Thanks

If it's on the throttle linkage, it's most likely the kick down switch for the overdrive. Never saw a fuse there, but PO's like to do the most unusual things.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I ask for a starter solenoid for a 65 Mustang so I dont have to hear "Who makes Studebaker?"
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I agree, looking at the wiring diagram from the factory, I don't remember seeing a fuse at that location.
        Thanks for the info.

Comment

Thanks Warren, it sure looks the same to me.

Comment

Working...
          X