Oh poo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Oh poo!

Can't post pictures but if you can visit my profile there is an album titled oil pan revisited that has pics, I was detailing my intake and when Itightened the last bolt I heard a "POP".
    Uh Oh I said what have I done. Any thoughts?
    When I put my oil pan on I thought that I was following all the good advice that I was given but as you can see from the pics I must have strayed off course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Stude Rookie

It looks like the cork filler pieces slipped sideways and got pinched by the pan. They need to be compressed a little to help stay put.. I usually squirt a small amount of good silicone into the pocket, and insert the filler corks and give them a tap with a good flat block.
    I like your load spreading strap for the pan rail bolts.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
      It looks like the cork filler pieces slipped sideways and got pinched by the pan. They need to be compressed a little to help stay put.. I usually squirt a small amount of good silicone into the pocket, and insert the filler corks and give them a tap with a good flat block.
      I like your load spreading strap for the pan rail bolts.
      Thanks Bezhawk. I don't know about the sideways slip but I do know that I am going to have to do it all over again. I am still having trouble wrapping my mind around fitting a 1/2" square piece of cork 7 1/4" long into a 1/2" X 6 3/4" channel. I found the middle of both and marked them, lined up the marks, put a little sealer in the channel and dropped the pan down over the studs that I had placed in all four corners. I did not trim the cork even though it seemed to be way to long to me. The front cork was long also but being thinner it compressed quite nicely. Do you think I may have gotten an extra long rear gasket? Any thoughts about the "pop" when I tightened my manifold down? Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Wish I could master the art of posting pictures. It would make it easier for others to help out.
      Stude Rookie

Comment

Marion,
        Where are you storing your pictures? In your hard drive or on a photo hosting site like photobucket. Should be easy to walk you through it.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          Marion,
          Where are you storing your pictures? In your hard drive or on a photo hosting site like photobucket. Should be easy to walk you through it.
          Thank you rockne10. I appreciate your offer to help. I have a new computer and my pictures are stored on my hard drive. I don'thave too much trouble moving them to my profile albums but I can't seem to master getting them to my posts. I would love to be able to share some of my triumphs and some of my failures with forum members but alas I lack the computer savvy to do the job.
          Stude Rookie

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Rookie View Post
            /Cut/I don'thave too much trouble moving them to my profile albums but I can't seem to master getting them to my posts./Cut/Stude Rookie
            I think the Biggest trick to uploading your Pics to the Forum is finding that funky looking Icon to load Pics, it is that upper half Blue, lower half Green Square with kind of concave looking sides with Dots on all 4 corners. That is the secret to getting the option to load from your computer OR a website like Photobucket.

It appears in the new post box after clicking the "Reply" button.

If you got them to your Profile I am sure you can do it, go for it!

I am sorry, I could not see the problem from those Pics, lots of reflection and not clear like a real Camera normally would produce.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              I think the Biggest trick to uploading your Pics to the Forum is finding that funky looking Icon to load Pics, it is that upper half Blue, lower half Green Square with kind of concave looking sides with Dots on all 4 corners. That is the secret to getting the option to load from your computer OR a website like Photobucket.

It appears in the new post box after clicking the "Reply" button.

If you got them to your Profile I am sure you can do it, go for it!

I am sorry, I could not see the problem from those Pics, lots of reflection and not clear like a real Camera normally would produce.

Thanks for trying StudeRich. I am sure the pics could be better. What I was attempting to show with the feeler gauges was the gap created by my not so successful attempt at crushing the rear cork gasket. I will keep trying to master the art of posting photos. I am also a rookie at computer use. I am not sure that I am fast enough to beat the time frame allowed for a long post but I will keep trying. Thanks to all of you who continue to show patience.
              Stude Rookie

Comment

OK, that is another issue some people have trouble with, but there is a very simple way to fix it.

At the top right hand of the login page where you put your Name and password there is a tiny square box that must be checked before you click sign in. I think it says "remember me" or something just click it and you stay logged in forever until you log out!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1674815Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1674814Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1674813Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1674812Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1674811Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1674810Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1674809Thanks to StudeRich I may have gotten the hang of placing photos.
                  Stude Rookie

Comment

Working...
                  X