Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh wow, a Pierce

nice Pierce Arrow on Ebay, not that I'll ever have the money

Oooo, rat rod it and stick a sbc in it ........(NOT)!!!
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

where in the world did I put that uncashed allowance check??????????????????

Comment

Got a bit of history to it, too!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Really??? This kind of offering never presented its self when I had money to spend...and is cruel continuing reminder of how broke I am.

Seriously, a "buy it now" price of only $35,000 is a pretty good indication of the state of the economy and what is happening to the pre-war collector market. The potential customer base of folks who appreciate this as an example of the golden age of automotive elegance, and willing to pay sacrificial amounts to own one, are rapidly dying away.

John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

There are cars that should never be rodded....I would rather they dissappear off the face of the earth than be changed from the elegance and grace built into them.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948

Comment

With all the history and rarity of this vehicle - why not hold out and put it in one of the big auctions?

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                With all the history and rarity of this vehicle - why not hold out and put it in one of the big auctions?
                Didn't you know.... E-pay is the be-all end- all for setting market values, and getting top dollar.....(again NOT)!
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948

Comment

"...elegance and grace..." Couldn't have said it better!!!
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Ebay... The only place where you can buy a half-eaten grilled cheese sandwich with a burn that sorta looks like the virgin mary, and an amazing specimen of automotive history, both for about the same price.

Cars like this belong in a Barrett-Jackson auction, not ebay, in my humble opinion. On the flip side of that coin though, hooray for putting the fruit low enough that we commoners could afford something like this
                    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

And by "we commoners" I mean average, non multi-millionaire collectors, as opposed to a broke dude such as myself.
                      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

And it already sold.
                        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

This car would not do well at all at Barrett-Jackson or Mecum.

Comment

Er, actually there is an SBC-engined Pierce in this area...I posted pix of it on here a year or so ago, just to get the (anguished) reaction from the forum! I'm sure someday that car will regain a Pierce engine, but for now, the owner is driving it and enjoying it, no bad thing...

And yeah, B-J et al seem to deal much more in 60s and early 70s muscle and high-end street rods. Prewar classics there often come off looking like bargains.

S.

Comment

Classy car, thats why it was associated with Studebaker.
                              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                              X