Avanti supercharger on 53 HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti supercharger on 53 HELP

Does anyone Have a supercharger with brackets and pulleys, for a Avanti type (right side mount) for sale. If you have a complete setup how much? I don't need everything, such as water manifold, and carb,air bonnet, air cleaner, hoses, etc. I do want, supercharger, crank pully /balancer, mounting brackets. I would like to know where I stand on cost. If you have these parts and don't want to sell, then maybe you could give me some ideas. No, I am not going to put it on an Avanti. No, it dosen't have to be "correct" for any certain year. Yall know what years have the right side mount, and which ones would work best on a older model engine. I know about the different length on the water manifold and the crank pulleys. I have the long nose crank. Any comments or advice would be appreciated. Any pictures of this conversion would be appreciated. THANKS, Tex
    Last edited by Flashback; 06-29-2012, 08:52 PM.

I already had a supercharger, and made up a carburetor.....I got the rest of the stuff from Phil Harris @ Fairborn Studebaker.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Anyone have a Bracket and or temsioner? Maybe some good close up pictures. THANKS

Comment

These are the only ones I can find right now.

Comment

Hey Alan,----What kind of car is that blower bracket resting on?

Comment

Thanks Alan, Do you have that bracket now and is it for sale. Thanks

Comment

Here is the only shot I have of mine in a 53 coupe,

Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Thanks, Bob, that seems to be the same as the bracket that Alan has. Your application uses the longer water manifold. right? Is there more than one type right mount bracket. Any you Avanti guys know?

Comment

That is an Avanti bracket. The pic was taken Dec. 16, 1976. It was off of Virgil Rices R3. He loaned it to me so I could make one for my car. The car in the pic is a Studebaker.

Comment

The only other side mount brackets I have seen were machined out of billet plate aluminum. Even the R3s were the same . (as R2's)
                    Last edited by bezhawk; 07-01-2012, 04:42 AM.
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                    X