63 lark paint job;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 lark paint job;

Does any one out in stude land remember a picture of a 63 lark in TRW i believe that was painted a Burnt desert sand color, this was afew years back if i recall. Any info would be very welcome,Thanks s lot gals & guys. Mac.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64Daytona Convert G_Sand7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1674689
    Desert Sand was a beautiful Beige/Gold quite light and Metallic, it was a '64 Stude. Color.

I can't imagine a Burnt one though, the only color known as burnt anything is the Orange that is quite popular now on new Cars, nothing like Gold or Beige though.

I take it that it's not a stock '63 Color, then. The closest would be Gold Mist, but it is light, not burnt.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-28-2012, 12:37 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe I know excactly which car you're talking about. It was a stunning car. I don't remember the details, though.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

If it was on the cover, one of the vendors has all of the color front/back photos on his web site. Would be an easy review to look for it. If inside TW, then not there on that website.

Mark

Comment

Mac: We need more information here if you want us to have any luck tracking it down.

Specifically:

1. Was it on a front cover of Turning Wheels, on a back cover, or somewhere within the magazine?

2. What Body Style was it; sedan, convertible, hardtop, wagon?

3. The only 1963 "goldish" color was Champagne Gold. It was just a regular metallic gold; not too dark, not too light, and not "burnt," unless it was a custom paint job. Try to describe the color as something other than Burnt Desert Sand, which, as StudeRich allowed, doesn't make much sense. Thanks.

That said, perhaps you are thinking of South Bend SDCer Jim Maxey's custom-paint 1963 Daytona hardtop. His Daytona is almost a rich Firemist Bronze Candy color; definitely not a Studebaker offering in any year.

He goes by DieselJim here on the forum, but I don't see a photo of his car in his Avatar. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The Lark is my sons car, R2Lark clone. The color is Fire Mist Orange. We painted it in my garage. Jim

Comment

This'n?

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

That looks great but it's ORANGE!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yep, Bob; thanks. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

BP; Thanks guys for the quick replies,near as i remeber it was on the inside page in color, 63 two door, maybe a HT, custom paint job, i,m 78 years old and getting long in the tooth,my memory also has a habit of coming and gooooooooooooooing at times, but whats new!. Guess i,ll start going back thru some old TRW and see what i can find, later. MAC

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      This'n?

If I am not mistaken (and I probably am) this color is Prowler Orange with "extra metalflake" or something to that affect.The car was in TW a few years ago IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                      X