1956 Parkview Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Parkview Suggestions

On my 56 I have everything but the chrome pieces on the left side of the fin. I have looked for 3 years to no avail. Should I take the fins off and weld up the holes and make it look like a 55. And take all the stainless off the side and weld up the hole as well. Any suggestions would help. I am not a purest just want to get ready to paint the wagon and finish it.

To:ST2DE5,----NO DON'T DO THAT!!! A '56 Parkview 2dr is a pretty little bird......and quite rare. Just finish the car up like You had the missing chrome, and keep looking. New or used, it WILL turn up!

Comment

What SN suggests. Just tell people the pieces are being re-chromed!!!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Make something up. Modeling clay, carve a plaster mold, make the part out of fiberglass, have it faux chrome painted.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

How do you make a mold out of something you don't have? The car was hit in the left rear and the fin and chrome piece were broke all to pieces. I repaired the fin already.

Comment

That's where artistry comes into play.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Finishing the car and leaving the places for the trim makes sense. After you are driving the car, someone will notice the missing pieces and tell you about some that are available.
              Years ago, when I was looking for an upper grille bar for my 52, I had just about given up hope. Then one day a member found a partial dealers stock that had an NOS 52 grille. You just never know.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Yep, every time I've been driving a car that's missing something someone has turned up & said "I've gotta friend who has that laying, I'll ask him 'bout it if you want!" or something similar!

Comment

Are there any of those among Torrey Kirby's cars? BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

56 Parkview side trim??

Is it like any of this trim?
                    Attached Files
                    sals54

Comment

sals54 YES it is the chrome pieces in front of the fin.

Comment

Sal, you sell parts off that wagon and I will come down there and SHOOT you! I'll leave you to guess with what and where! Grrr... grrr... grrr...

Just kidding. Well... may... be.

Are you missing this part:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300672.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1674714

Or this part:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300673.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1674715

As you can see, the trim at the base of the fin is painted. The cap at the front of the fin is chromed and painted.
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The cap on the front is the one I need for the drivers side. In the book it is 2504-148-2 1312671

Comment

Well... I for one like the look of the car without the fins as much as with. In fact, I was considering pulling them off Bess as well. Still... If one has gone to the trouble to put them (the fins that is) back together, might as well put them on. Still, when you put them on is entirely up to you. I'd box them up good and safe, along with the trim I do have, and put some sealer in the holes for now, then drive the car as is. But then, my ego can survive a car that isn't exactly perfect. It's highly likely that you will find the pieces later. In fact, you can even paint over urthane sealer. Don't weld over the holes. Burning bridges is never a wise proposition.
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Don't worry Ron, I'm not considering selling any parts off this car. I wouldn't want to suffer the wrath that you may or may not bring down on me. I was just thinking that perhaps my moulding parts could be used to CNC new ones.
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X