Usage of Historic Plates in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usage of Historic Plates in Michigan

Fellow Michigan Drivers, Looks like we may have an easier time with "daily usage" of our cars with Historic Plates during the month of August. See link: http://view.news.hagerty.com/?j=fe52...ing%20Bill&r=0
    .............. Harv
    StudeBakerHarv
    * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine).
    * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).
    * 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible.

Last year when I got my 76 Avanti, I debated getting Antique Vehicle plates in IL. Reading the rules and regs regarding the plates helped me decide to get regular plates and pay the extra annual fee for them. I see a lot of Antique plates at cruises and on the road and probably could have gotten by without buying the regular plates, but I didn't want to be limited with the plates about where I could drive the car.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Harv View Post
      Fellow Michigan Drivers, Looks like we may have an easier time with "daily usage" of our cars with Historic Plates during the month of August. See link: http://view.news.hagerty.com/?j=fe52...ing%20Bill&r=0
      .............. Harv
      Thanks for the heads up Harv. It looks like after screwing up the helmet law they got something right. I'll put the Avanti on the road more in August. Of course, it will be within the insurance guidelines.

Bob

Comment

I'vd used Historic (YOM) plates on all my street rods since they gave been available. Have never been so much as questioned about usage even after running my '33 into the back of a Dodge in a rainstorm. (4 wheel discs and fat tires slide in the rain) Have driven all over the country to shows as far away as Spokane, WA and Daytona.

Bob
        Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Bay City Bob, They definitely got the Helmet Law all wrong. Our local news is, as yours probably is, noticeably reporting more motorcycle accident deaths lately. Those who don't die of a massive head injury end up like Gary Busey with a critical CHI (closed head injury). I'm no expert on the subject but I have driven motorcycles and have always worn a helmet. The heck with the blowing hair in the wind freedom. I'd feel naked without a helmet. Just my 2-cents.

Dearborn Hts Bob, You & I are part of the lucky majority who have not been hasseled by local cops looking for making ticket quotas. I have many Mich Car Buddies with Historic Plates who don't dare drive their cars to work a second time after being warned not to by a local "do-good" storm trooper. My '50 Coupe has Historic Plates on it (18 yrs so far) and I have been warned several times. The '71 Avanti II that I just picked up on May 8th has a std personalized plate (71AVNTI) so that I can freely drive it as a daily driver.

Nice chat guys. Best regards, Harv
          StudeBakerHarv
          * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine).
          * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).
          * 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible.

Comment

Working...
          X