Restoration Shop brand acrylic urethane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration Shop brand acrylic urethane

I just shot 3 wet coats on my brother's 55 Champion. I chemically stripped this car, DA sanded it with 80 grit, used up some etch primer and covered that with 2K high build primer. Sanding that with 220, then 320, wiped down with acetone, then wax & silicone remover and a tac rag, I shot 2K urethane sealer and 15 minutes later the Sheridan Green acrylic urethane single stage. I like it. Restoration Shop brand is available from TPC Global. They have all old car colors in acrylic urethane and acrylic enamel. In the next couple of days, I'll shoot the lower color, Cascade Green.
    Attached Files

Looks great. What is the address and phone number of TPC Global?

Comment

Nice.
      That's the same color combo on the '55 President State my grandfather bought new. My dad loved that car as a kid.
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

Does look very nice. Congrats. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Lovely job but I notice the left side of the trunk lid is above the fender top whilst the right side is even and the top of the fuel filler flaap seems to have a gap. Is this how it was made? I realize our expectations have changed with today's automation. Not a criticism just wondering, sure hope my Lark will look so nice one day.
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Weird observation...
            With all the masking paper on the sides, it looks like a '55 Chevy
            Jeff

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
              Looks great. What is the address and phone number of TPC Global?
              We are the #1 LARGEST Automotive Paint color reference library in the WORLD! Modern Cars, Classic Cars, WWII, WWI. Where yesterday's colors come alive today. Enter the Vehicle Make and Year to view purchase options. Online ordering is safe and secure. We ship promptly from our warehouse and pass the savings to you.
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Inside the trunk I have noticed the left side hinge is blue and the other green. So I think the left side was replaced at one time. Been thinking of how to adjust it. Thought I'd climb in the trunk, have my wife close the lid as I loosen the hinge. Then have her push down and forward while I re-tighten. A little worried she'd leave me in the trunk since I have always remind her the difference between a wife and a dog is the only one happy to see you if you lock them in the trunk for hours is the dog. ha ha

Comment

Funny thing you should say that as I have one of those too!

Comment

I've seen that web site and wondered how the stuff was.Price is'nt that bad but not that much better than ppg omni mtk. I wonder how it will hold up. If you let omni dry for a couple hours you can clear coat it and when dry color sand and buff if you want. I've done that a few times looks just like a base clear job when done.

Comment

Looks good. To the comment above ^^, why would you want your single stage paint to look like base/clear?
                      Travis..

Comment

Originally posted by crashnzuk View Post
                        Looks good. To the comment above ^^, why would you want your single stage paint to look like base/clear?
                        Travis..
                        And,if you want it to look like base/clear,why not use base/clear?
                        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Single stage makes for a better base and will hold up better. Granted base clear will not give you that old new car look. But either will a singe stage urethane. Both have to much gloss to look right. But your car still looks good by the way.

Comment

Thats the brand on the clone but base clear.
                            sigpic

Comment

What a beautiful color combination choice!

Comment

Working...
                              X