Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Cave, with 2 bed rm 2 Bath rm house detached.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Cave, with 2 bed rm 2 Bath rm house detached.

Well after seven years for being homeless my wife and I are settling down again. We close tomorrow (6/26/12) on a 3/4 acer piece with a house/2 car garage, detached 1 car garage (240 sq ft), and the detached Studebaker Cave which has 10 ft ceilings and is 925 sq ft with a 14 by 27 by 10 ft high carport attached. The 52 Starliner will begin to get the attention it deserves with a room of it own.
    Last edited by fatboylust; 06-25-2012, 04:05 PM.

Wow just like a Kid, it's OWN Room, Cool!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Cool beans!
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Congratulations! You are now owned by a house.......and a Stude Cave!!!!

Comment

I'm happy for ya! I've lived out of a Champ truck (with a camper shell on it) for a couple of months. I sure hope I never have to live like thatr again, BUT........ that experience taught me alot about myself and the kindness that others can show to someone down on their luck.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Congrats, Dave; enjoy! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sorry if I wasn't clear about our life choices, while we have not had a brick and mortar home for seven years by no means have we been suffering. We have been living in a motorhome and traveling limited mostly by the cost of fuel. Current family obligations require we stay put for a while, hence the change to home owner with Studebaker benefits. I've PM Roscomacaw too in case he doesn't see this, wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand.

Comment

I've lived out of a Champ truck (with a camper shell on it) for a couple of months. I sure hope I never have to live like That again.

Dang, just as i had thoughts of doing that with my Scotsman Pickup when i get it going. Thought of making a small removable house on the back. Sorta old looking. I use to live in a Van when i went to large swap meets like Pate.
                101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Great news! That car deserves the attention you will give it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1678624Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1025.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1678625 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1026.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1678623 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1027.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1678627Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1029.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1678626Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1028.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1678628
                    Progress is sometimes measured in baby steps, so after moving into our new (to Us) home in July 2012, today I, with the help of my wife and a couple of firiends, move the 52 from storage to my work shop.

Comment

I don't know, with close to 1,000 sq ft, I think your car might get a bit lonely. One more excuse to spend some quality, bonding time together...

Ken

Comment

You may end up with another car to keep the '52 company? LOL
                        John Clements
                        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

A few more baby steps: with engine (1957, 259) out I worked to remove the rotating assembly for inspection. Four of the pistons were well stuck in the bores (#s 5-8). Each one needed a sightly different level of effort. Once removed the measurements indicate the pistons and bores are still standard size. The crank/rod bearing journals are still at original spec with no visible wear. I am hopeful this will lead to an easy rebuild. Of couse the wheels can fall off once the block is checked for cracks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0116.jpg
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1688297Click image for larger version

Name:	20140212_144755.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1688298Click image for larger version

Name:	20140220_101146.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1688299Click image for larger version

Name:	20140222_101815.jpg
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1688300Click image for larger version

Name:	20140223_143009.jpg
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1688301Click image for larger version

Name:	20140308_134407.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1688302

Comment

Looks like it's getting good spark in picture 5.

Comment

It looks like #6 and 8 needed a bit of help! I know a Guy that filled the lifter area with Charcoal and had a BBQ to get the Pistons out!
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X