If you love Orphans check out this Museum in Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you love Orphans check out this Museum in Spain

Studebaker included, but my favorite was the silver car. 4:52 thru 6:08 Very art deco.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

The packard is on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great video. I noticed they had the Kaiser Darren listed as a 1959. The Studebaker president was listed as a 1930 but I don't think that was right either. At the end of the video they showed a placard for a 1964 Cadillac and then showed a picture of a 1961.

Now I know what happened to John Lennon's psychadelic Rolls, or did he have more than one? And what was that siver car at the 5 minute point? was that Alligator upholstry?
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Yep it was alligator upholstry, couldn't tell you what the silver car was, but i'd love to own it.
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

The Studebaker is a 31. The Beatles Rolls Royce was owned for several years by BC's richest man, Jimmy Pattison. I think he sold it to this museum. I think the silver car is a Lancia. Note the similarity in styling with Mussolini's limo.

Terry

Comment

I don't know about Spanish registration-plates, but most of the plates looked exactly as Dutch/Holland "old-timer"-plates...
            & there's a few Dutch companies having trouble selling their old-timers since some years now so placing them in a museum at least brings in some (even if small) cash...

Comment

Thank you for sharing a very interesting video on an outstanding collection. The Minerva was of special interest. I was told when I was a kid that one had broken down in the early 40's while traveling on US6 in NE IN and that it was stored until the end of WWII. At the time I was clueless about Minerva autos and I don't recall ever seeing one to this day. All are gorgeous cars.
              "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I caught the Kaiser also. They only made the Darrin in 1954. That is my all time favorite car, but at 120k+
                it will always be my dream car.
                Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                Great video. I noticed they had the Kaiser Darren listed as a 1959. The Studebaker president was listed as a 1930 but I don't think that was right either. At the end of the video they showed a placard for a 1964 Cadillac and then showed a picture of a 1961.

Now I know what happened to John Lennon's psychadelic Rolls, or did he have more than one? And what was that siver car at the 5 minute point? was that Alligator upholstry?
                sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                J.D.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that find.

An enjoyable tour.

Comment

Working...
                  X