X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Wreck(s)

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

(I have a radiator winter shield like that hanging in the workshop..)

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

"It'll buff out".....
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

In the first photo, it almost looks like an 'armchair' sitting beside the car...Auto seats and upholstery sure have changed.

Comment

Wow, it appears that Ahrens-Fox firetruck was wound-up when it smashed into the Studebaker and the unknown car to the right side on the opposite side of the tree. There had to be fatalities in this smash-up. Those wooden framed bodies just couldn't take this type of accident.

Frank Drumheller
            Locust Grove, VA
            60S-W6
            M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer 1948 firetruck

Comment

Frank,
              I think the Studebaker on the left, and the "unknown car" on the right are one and the same. Hard to believe such a small tree could rift a Studebaker like that. The Ahrens-Fox looks like the first emergency vehicle on the scene.

I do note, in the two photos, there appears to be only two gentleman not wearing hats! Have we lost respect for milliners? And...did not one of these fellows deserve the company of a lady? Times have changed.
              Last edited by rockne10; 06-22-2012, 06:29 PM.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

My take. It looks like an intersection. I'd say the Studebaker came throught the intersection into the path of the truck and the AF fire truck broadsided it and pushed it into the tree. First, the truck would have been parked way to close to the accident scene. Second, the trucks left side headlight looks 'out of position'. stupak
                Last edited by stupak; 06-23-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE= The Ahrens-Fox looks like the first emergency vehicle on the scene.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 888888888

Rochne10; I'll take a bet it WAS the first EMV on the scene. However, please look closely at the left front fender of the Ahrens-Fox fire truck. The fire truck was probably responsible for the accident. That fender is chrushed backwards from striking either the Studebaker or whatever the car is on the other side of the tree. Whatever the car is on the other side of the tree, it is a newer car than the Studebaker. The wood framed body exploded, the other car does not show the same destruction. One man's interpretation of an old photo.

Frank Drumheller
                  Locust Grove, VA
                  60S-W6
                  M16-52 Studebaker-Boyer 1948 Fire truck
                  Last edited by studelark; 06-23-2012, 04:05 PM. Reason: added sentence

Comment

That photo and more posted here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...the-Studebaker

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig for the expanded photo file.

OK, I concede on photo #1. The Studebaker was hit so hard by the Ahrens-Fox that the car was wrapped around the tree. The expanded photo definitiely shows this.

The second photo in the original posting was not a Studebaker- it is a Stearns.

Frank Drumheller
                      Locust Grove, VA
                      60S-W6
                      M16-52 1948 Studebaker-Boyer fire truck

Comment

Working...
                      X