PDA

View Full Version : Golden Hawk Carb Box Question

kirkdob
06-21-2012, 11:52 PM
My 57 GH only has a flapper in the car box base. I have seen other that also have flapper in the top box. Is there a preference with or without the top box flapper?

StudeMichael
06-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Does this help?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?30246-1957-Packard-Clipper-Pressure-Box-Question&highlight=flapper

kirkdob
06-22-2012, 09:17 AM
That bulletin explains exactly what my car is doing. I have to crank a long time after a hot shut down. I'll see if I can locate a top with a flapper or modify mine if I have to.

Thanks,

Kirk

cdevan
06-22-2012, 10:25 AM
I can't answer the question, but you have a great '57 GH and its been in the family all of these years which makes the memories even better.

StudeMichael
06-22-2012, 10:26 AM
I may have an extra top. I will check for you over the weekend. Did you see the notes in the bulletin about frilling holes in the carb also?

acolds
06-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Not expert but have had three supercharged 289 with the 2 barrel and air box all are hard to start when trying to restart when hot unless its done before heat builds up. Mine has the flapper on top always starts just takes more than most cars to start when hot . Adding electric fuel pump per factory bulliten will help though . My Clipper is a low mileage car but hot starts not its thing cold starts are fast and trouble free. Heat is the enemy of current alcohol blended fuels

kirkdob
06-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I can't answer the question, but you have a great '57 GH and its been in the family all of these years which makes the memories even better.

Thanks much! Is that yours in the picture? Nice color combo!

kirkdob
06-22-2012, 11:58 AM
I may have an extra top. I will check for you over the weekend. Did you see the notes in the bulletin about frilling holes in the carb also?

I did see the carb drill instructions. I'll take a look and see if they have been done yet. I bought a carb kit last week and was planning to toss it in one of these days, now I have a few more steps to complete. Please let me know if you have an extra vented lid. I saw the instructions to modify mine, I just don't have a 1 inch drill bit though.

Swiss-Goldenhawk
06-22-2012, 12:34 PM
That are nice Golden Hawks.

Rudy

kirkdob
06-22-2012, 09:41 PM
That are nice Golden Hawks.

Rudy

And your as well.