PDA

View Full Version : Took "Fred" to his first car show

62STUDEGT
06-21-2012, 09:21 AM
I took my 62 GT nicknamed Fred to his first car show and it was a lot of fun and I could'nt beleive how many admirers there were. It was a little annoying to hear how many thought it was a Gran Turino instead of Gran Turismo :yeahright:

DEEPNHOCK
06-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Good for you!

acolds
06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Probably the 289 engine lead to the confusion

showbizkid
06-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Probably the 289 engine lead to the confusion

Hahahahaha!!!

raprice
06-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I think that this experience points out the importance for us to get our cars out and about to show off our Studebakers to the public. I am constantly amazed at the number of questions I receive about my Lark and about Studebaker in general. We are at the stage when many people don't even know what a Studebaker is.
Rog

Nox
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
One of my neighbors drive a -65 Cadillac as a daily driver (he has no other car) & when he saw my -55 sedan the 1:st time he asked what it was... so I said (what can you say?) "Studebaker" & he said "never heard about it!"
I think he's born about 1970 & is considering himself quite a car-guy...
Luckily there's also other folx around.

62STUDEGT
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
I think that this experience points out the importance for us to get our cars out and about to show off our Studebakers to the public. I am constantly amazed at the number of questions I receive about my Lark and about Studebaker in general. We are at the stage when many people don't even know what a Studebaker is.
Rog

I had one lady and her husband who were probably in their mid 50's look at my car and she said "Wow I never thought I'd see one of these" and i said " what - a Studebaker?" and she said "no - a Gran Torino". I had to correct her and told her it was a Gran Turismo and she "who makes that and what country is it from?" :eek:

crusinsusin
06-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Rog

I was in my first show a few weeks ago and a twenty-something said "Studebaker? Who made them?" I hope I wasn't sarcastic with my reply, but we've got some educating to do. I'll get more diplomatic as I go to more shows.

JimC
06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
I took my 62 GT nicknamed Fred to his first car show and it was a lot of fun and I could'nt beleive how many admirers there were. It was a little annoying to hear how many thought it was a Gran Turino instead of Gran Turismo :yeahright:I understand your frustration. I took the '63 to a car show at my church last Sunday. One church member came up to me while I was standing at the rear of my car, and asked me "Is this a '65 Rambler?"

Have you seen the rear of my car lately?

:woot: :lol: