Took "Fred" to his first car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took "Fred" to his first car show

I took my 62 GT nicknamed Fred to his first car show and it was a lot of fun and I could'nt beleive how many admirers there were. It was a little annoying to hear how many thought it was a Gran Turino instead of Gran Turismo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by showbizkid; 06-21-2012, 08:59 AM.

Good for you!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Probably the 289 engine lead to the confusion

Comment

Originally posted by acolds View Post
        Probably the 289 engine lead to the confusion
        Hahahahaha!!!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I think that this experience points out the importance for us to get our cars out and about to show off our Studebakers to the public. I am constantly amazed at the number of questions I receive about my Lark and about Studebaker in general. We are at the stage when many people don't even know what a Studebaker is.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

One of my neighbors drive a -65 Cadillac as a daily driver (he has no other car) & when he saw my -55 sedan the 1:st time he asked what it was... so I said (what can you say?) "Studebaker" & he said "never heard about it!"
            I think he's born about 1970 & is considering himself quite a car-guy...
            Luckily there's also other folx around.

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
              I think that this experience points out the importance for us to get our cars out and about to show off our Studebakers to the public. I am constantly amazed at the number of questions I receive about my Lark and about Studebaker in general. We are at the stage when many people don't even know what a Studebaker is.
              Rog
              I had one lady and her husband who were probably in their mid 50's look at my car and she said "Wow I never thought I'd see one of these" and i said " what - a Studebaker?" and she said "no - a Gran Torino". I had to correct her and told her it was a Gran Turismo and she "who makes that and what country is it from?"

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                Rog
                I was in my first show a few weeks ago and a twenty-something said "Studebaker? Who made them?" I hope I wasn't sarcastic with my reply, but we've got some educating to do. I'll get more diplomatic as I go to more shows.
                Sue

Comment

Originally posted by 62STUDEGT View Post
                  I took my 62 GT nicknamed Fred to his first car show and it was a lot of fun and I could'nt beleive how many admirers there were. It was a little annoying to hear how many thought it was a Gran Turino instead of Gran Turismo
                  I understand your frustration. I took the '63 to a car show at my church last Sunday. One church member came up to me while I was standing at the rear of my car, and asked me "Is this a '65 Rambler?"

Have you seen the rear of my car lately?

Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker rear plate.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1674637

'63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
                  X