Interpreting the Production Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interpreting the Production Order

I've received the copy of the PO for my '64 Cruiser and am curious about the hand-written note "Fender Guard Rt. Side." Would that mean it needed to be replaced before it left the factory?

Any other observations about this PO?

A side note - I was interested to see it went to Shelby, NC, because when the light is right on the rear bumper, you can see the ghost of the dealer's sticker from Brown-Hopper Motors in Shelby. Now, if I could just find a replacement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Production Order.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1736024
    Sue

The fender guard was probably an added accessory after the PO was already typed up.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

It's also interesting that all of the cars information like its vin number are also hand written. Usually that was always typed.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

The rear stone Guards were Standard on '64, '65 and '66 Cruisers, it was most likely missing or even dented and had to be added/replaced.

On other Models, they were optional and fit all '62-'66 Larks and Lark Types except Wagons.

It has an unusual name for the seat material, Brown MYLAR??

It is also unusual to have a side view mirror factory mounted. About the only time South Bend did that, was for a factory delivery, Show Car or (Employee) Co. Car.

It is after all a Canadian built Car, so that explains a whole lot, hand typed Production Order, not machine generated, all variable numbers and destination hand written, etc, etc.

It was built April 14, 1964 at Hamilton, Ontario Canada, it's an import!

It's one O them thar, Foreign Cars!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 06-20-2012, 07:23 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich;
          It's one O them thar, Foreign Cars!
          Not foreign, just imported. Makes them more exciting.
          sigpic
          55 President Deluxe
          64 Commander
          66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Does your Cruiser have an 'EXT TRM' streamer along with the body tag on the firewall?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
              It's also interesting that all of the cars information like its vin number are also hand written. Usually that was always typed.
              Canadian built cars did have the details handwritten.
              Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                Does your Cruiser have an 'EXT TRM' streamer along with the body tag on the firewall?

Craig
                Yes, it does.
                Sue

Comment

Originally posted by
                  [B
                  It's one O them thar, Foreign Cars! [/B]
                  Rich - no, it's one of them Fern cars.
                  I'm searching through the forum looking for threads that talk about the mylar upholstery. I know it's been discussed before, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
                  Sue

Comment

Originally posted by crusinsusin View Post
                    Rich - no, it's one of them Fern cars.
                    I'm searching through the forum looking for threads that talk about the mylar upholstery. I know it's been discussed before, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
                    This one? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=broadcloth

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      Craig - thanks for the link. I hadn't found that thread yet. My seats look like what StudeRich's picture shows, but I don't have the buttons. Maybe late in the model year, Hamilton was making do with whatever they had.
                      Sue

Comment

Working...
                      X