PDA

View Full Version : Any input would be appreciated

Dave in CT
06-20-2012, 02:13 PM
I am new to the forum, having been given the task of selling my late father's 1950 Studebaker Champion. The car is fully restored, but it is garaged in Northern California, where nobody is around to assist with the sales process and the SDC Chapter is apparently inactive. It turns out that transporting it to the East Coast where I live is not all that expensive, and I sense that there is more interest for Studey's out here. Would be interested in anyone's input if I would be better served by transporting the car here and running the sales process myself, or leaving it to an auction house in California. Many thanks!

doug
06-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Where is it close to? N. California is twice the size of Conn. 2-dr or 4 dr. I suppose pictures are out of the question at this time. If you don't mind, who is your father? Someone may be familiar with the car.

Sdude
06-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I am new to the forum, having been given the task of selling my late father's 1950 Studebaker Champion. The car is fully restored, but it is garaged in Northern California, where nobody is around to assist with the sales process and the SDC Chapter is apparently inactive. It turns out that transporting it to the East Coast where I live is not all that expensive, and I sense that there is more interest for Studey's out here. Would be interested in anyone's input if I would be better served by transporting the car here and running the sales process myself, or leaving it to an auction house in California. Many thanks!

Do you mean the SDC chapter in Connecticut? The Karel Staple Chapter of Northern California is quite active. We may even be able to get by and take a look at it for you. Send me more info and maybe I can hook you up.

Dave in CT
06-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Where is it close to? N. California is twice the size of Conn. 2-dr or 4 dr. I suppose pictures are out of the question at this time. If you don't mind, who is your father? Someone may be familiar with the car.

THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE. IT IS A 4 DOOR (SUICIDE DOORS), 81k MILES, FULLY RESTORED, GARAGED ABOUT 10 MINUTES FROM SANTA ROSA. MY FATHER, ERNIE DUEBENDORFER, BOUGHT THE CAR AROUND 1985 AND RESTORED IT OVER THE NEXT DECADE OR SO. HERE ARE SOME PICS IF THAT HELPS. I HAVE MORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

Dave in CT
06-20-2012, 03:12 PM
do you mean the sdc chapter in connecticut? The karel staple chapter of northern california is quite active. We may even be able to get by and take a look at it for you. Send me more info and maybe i can hook you up.

jon, thanks for prompt response. I have attached photos to the forum; i assume you can access them. The only chapter name i had was sdc-sequoia branch, and my emails went unanswered. Car is 10 minutes outside of santa rosa. Thanks

R_David
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Sweet looking car!

swvalcon
06-20-2012, 04:47 PM
If thats the way it looks today its a very nice car. I'am sure anyone looking for a 4 dr would be interested in it. Heck just fly to ca. and drive it home. The road trip would be half the fun and a ca. car on the east coast should be easy to sell.

Sdude
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
jon, thanks for prompt response. I have attached photos to the forum; i assume you can access them. The only chapter name i had was sdc-sequoia branch, and my emails went unanswered. Car is 10 minutes outside of santa rosa. Thanks

Sounds like a job for Bob Petersen. The Sequoia branch IS the closest one. Don't know who you e-mailed but Bob should be able to help.
Did you see this Bob?

Dave, I sent you a PM.

royvaldez
06-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Hey, I will be in Santa Rosa. I just purchased a 1950 Champion. How can I help?

rockne10
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Since JDP became gainfully employed I haven't seen him and Sal proffering any products from the left coast. He does know how to market.

candbstudebakers
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Sounds like a job for Bob Petersen. The Sequoia branch IS the closest one. Don't know who you e-mailed but Bob should be able to help.
Did you see this Bob?

Dave, I sent you a PM.

Yes Jon I see the post, always ready to help if I can and could and would go get it and help sell it, and the Sequoia chapter is very much still active, Dave you can call me if you wish at 510-266-2522, also if Roy is going that way he might be able to help.......Bob

Dave in CT
06-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Yes Jon I see the post, always ready to help if I can and could and would go get it and help sell it, and the Sequoia chapter is very much still active, Dave you can call me if you wish at 510-266-2522, also if Roy is going that way he might be able to help.......Bob

Bob,

Thanks much - since my Dad was really handling this before he passed away I might have been using the wrong email for the sequoia branch. will call you early next week. regards, dave

Dave in CT
06-22-2012, 09:29 AM
thanks for hooking me up with Bob - Dave

Sdude
06-22-2012, 11:15 AM
thanks for hooking me up with Bob - Dave

Bob's a good guy. You can trust him....

kurtruk
06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
We have a couple active FORUM Memebers in Petaluma. Plus Roy Yost (Radio Roy) is in Redwood City, as well.