PDA

View Full Version : Petit Jean Mtn Swap Meet And Car Show

oldwood
06-18-2012, 07:21 AM
I met a few Stude owners this weekend and sold some Stude parts t
hat I've tried selling here and Ebay. The pair of '51 Commander fenders were going to be used on a El Camino. Great weather(no rain) and a great time.

TX Rebel
06-18-2012, 02:05 PM
I talked to rev. Jim Keith, who is a Studebaker owner who attends every year, and he did not see any Stude parts at all. I hated to miss the meet, especially since I was planning on hauling some Studes to TN and had hoped to do the meet on the way there. I will possibly be able to haul a car or 2 from TN back to TX this summer.

Gary1953
06-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Any pictures? Petit Jean is a neat show. Worth the trip.

52-fan
06-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Petit Jean used to be the place for a old car lover to be in June. The MOTAA club used to allow car clubs to tour up the mountain and park on the grounds. After the collector cars had to begin parking with everyone else the club tours on the highways died out. Also, over the years more and more of the MOTAA club members, who have had choice spots in the swap meet area, have been using their spaces for personal parking and the vendors have been pushed to the edges. Usually not much to choose from and rarely any Studebaker parts.
On the plus side the car show usually has some very nice antique cars. The park itself is very nice and a good place to camp and spend several days if you like the outdoors. I have to work on Saturdays and the quit using vacation days to go to that meet.
I understand that the club is making a move to reorganize the swap meet. Maybe they can save the venue.

Dick Clemens
06-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Dorsey: Tried to contact you Saturday but couldn't get thru. Sorry we missed you at the chapter meeting.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

ozarkman
06-19-2012, 06:56 PM
I found a really nice grill for one of Rose's Hawks leaning up against a tree. The guy talked me into buying it when he only asked $10! It's in perfect shape. Stude parts are few and far between, but it's all good fun.:)

Gary1953
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM
I found a really nice grill for one of Rose's Hawks leaning up against a tree. The guy talked me into buying it when he only asked $10! It's in perfect shape. Stude parts are few and far between, but it's all good fun.:)

That vender brought that grill for me. I'll give you your $10.00 and a $2.00 handling fee the next time I see you.