Another Great Experience With Pegs Trucking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Great Experience With Pegs Trucking

I followed several recommendations on this NG, and used Peg's Trucking to bring a Stude from Arizona to KY. Absolutely perfect experience, from beginning to end. The car was non-op, but "Daniel" the driver was an expert in handling the car, and there was not a scratch on it from the move. He even helped me push it into the garage, upon arrival at 10 PM.

I highly recommend Peg's Trucking, and driver Daniel from Arizona.

hard to believe all you guys raving about peg trucking, i can't even get them to give me a quote.
    61 lark cruiser
    64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

studerodder: Not sure what contact info you have for PEG but I also had a very good experience with them. They referred my 'move' to Door to Door Transport Co. out of Florida. My contact was Tony at 954-639-9411. They moved a car from PA to AZ in an enclosed trailer for what I tought was a very reasonable price. GREAT driver and helper A very good experience. If you still need a move, call Tony. A VERY profesional co-ordinator. stupak

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
        hard to believe all you guys raving about peg trucking, i can't even get them to give me a quote.
        This month, I e-mailed Peg Trucking for a quote. I had a quote from them for a reasonable amount in about two days.
        Last edited by studegary; 06-18-2012, 09:38 AM. Reason: missing l
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
          I went to Peg's on-line site, filled out the request, and went from there. She contacted me in a few days, we set the move up for anytime on or after 06/04/2012. On 06/16/2012 the truck pulled up in front of my house to offload the car.

Pricing was cheaper than if I had went to get it myself.

Peg was also easy to work with in related phon-cons.

Comment

Peg contacted me early this afternoon. she had taken a short vacation. she answered all of my questions thoroughly, and came in with a quote that hit the sweet spot.
            she will get the job. i will post again when it is all over, but for now it sounds good.
            61 lark cruiser
            64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
              I went to Peg's on-line site, filled out the request, and went from there. She contacted me in a few days, we set the move up for anytime on or after 06/04/2012. On 06/16/2012 the truck pulled up in front of my house to offload the car.

Pricing was cheaper than if I had went to get it myself.

Peg was also easy to work with in related phon-cons.
              Joe ,how long does it take to get a quote back from Peg's?Or is it better to call them?I've used U Ship in the past.Thought I'd try Peg's since I heard so much good on their service here.I turned a request in on the 14th A.m. and still hadn't heard back.Any other haulers you'al recommend?Need a car moved from Gladin Mi.48624 to Joelton Tn.37080.
              Thanks,
              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tony58 View Post
                Joe ,how long does it take to get a quote back from Peg's?Or is it better to call them?I've used U Ship in the past.Thought I'd try Peg's since I heard so much good on their service here.I turned a request in on the 14th A.m. and still hadn't heard back.Any other haulers you'al recommend?Need a car moved from Gladin Mi.48624 to Joelton Tn.37080.
                Thanks,
                Tony
                I'd call them. IIRC, it took 3-4 weeks for Peg's to get my car from AZ to KY, since its a process, that works well but takes a little time. Since its only in Michigan, and you are in Tennessee, I'd just take a tow dolly or trailer and go up and get it.

Comment

My experience with Peg's was very positive. To have my car shipped to Myer's Studebaker for repairs by enclosed trailer cost less than for me to drive it there, stay overnight in a motel and fly home. I call that a win by any standards.
                  Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Joe. What did you buy now?

Comment

I've never done the online thing, I always just call. You will actually get Peg, she is the only one that answers the phone. She is also a human being, which means sometimes you have to leave a message, and sometimes she takes vacation. The upside is, she gives personalized service, and if there's a problem you can work directly with her.

I gave her two PITA jobs this year. First was a '62 Cadillac, bought at Spring Carlisle. It was tricky to deal with the fairgrounds people, plus it had to be out of there in four days. She did it in three.

Second was an inop Zip Van, owned by an elderly seller who was difficult to deal with. First guy canceled, but she got it done, in decent time, and as always a reasonable price.

Sometimes if you really search you can save a hundred by going with an unknown lowballer. But as somebody who frequently ships cars, I found I'm way ahead just going with a known quantity.
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                      Romans 15:13
                      Deuteronomy 31:6
                      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I will add my praises for Peg. I bought a truck at the IM in Colorado Springs. Peg gave me a quote to haul it to Georgia. The seller then offered to haul it back to his home in Missouri. I called Peg back, and she arranged to pick it up in Missouri and save me about half of the cost. The driver, Benny, kept me informed all during the trip as to where he was, etc. I want to thank everybody involved, including the recommendations I got on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                          Joe. What did you buy now?
                          Absolutely nothing Steve ! This is a n old thread from summer 2012.
                          With two GTs and a 56J, I am car poor. If someone were to offer me another one free, on condition I fix it up, I could not afford to accept it

Comment

Working...
                          X