front fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front fender

i just purchase my 1965 commander. one of the issues with it is the front drivers side fender has rust on the bottom rear and is bent in the front around the headlight. while it is definitely fixible a good used one would be easier but i dont even know if it is possible to find one and if it would be reasonably priced. I would like opinions . Thank you Also am I posting these questions in the right place

Last i heard, SI still had some new ones. I don't remember what the price was.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

$225 each at SI
      Last edited by studefan; 06-17-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

You can also use 64 and 66 front fenders, from any model, so do not limit your search to 65 only..
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

We have them at SI. Part number 1358147. They are $225 and are NOS. Call (317)-462-3124 to place an order. Most large orders like sheet metal are packaged in the South Bend plant and shipped by semi or can be picked up at the International.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Try this site which hich is a part of the SDC: http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/showads.php
            You can post a wanted ad there, or look for one from some of the venders there.

Comment

Originally posted by bill matwijec View Post
              i just purchase my 1965 commander. one of the issues with it is the front drivers side fender has rust on the bottom rear and is bent in the front around the headlight. while it is definitely fixible a good used one would be easier but i dont even know if it is possible to find one and if it would be reasonably priced. I would like opinions . Thank you Also am I posting these questions in the right place
              Supposedly; the one hard sheetmetal part to find for any 1964-66 (non Hawk or SW) Stude passenger car is the trunk lid.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

But...when they are gone, they are gone. I still say repair what you can. Save potential for the future.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Give me a call at 501 247 6828.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                    Supposedly; the one hard sheetmetal part to find for any 1964-66 (non Hawk or SW) Stude passenger car is the trunk lid.
                    We never had any '64-'66 NOS deck lids, even back at SASCO. Supposedly N&A didn't have them either.
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Whatever you decide to do. Buy new or good used.
                      SAVE THE OLD ONE FOR FUTURE.
                      Or pass it on to someone, somehow.
                      Don't scrap it.
                      South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                        You can also use 64 and 66 front fenders, from any model, so do not limit your search to 65 only..
                        Sorry Roy you can not use any front fender from all 64-66 cars some are single head light and other are duel head light , I have both, along with trunk lids and hoods.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                          We have them at SI. Part number 1358147. They are $225 and are NOS. Call (317)-462-3124 to place an order. Most large orders like sheet metal are packaged in the South Bend plant and shipped by semi or can be picked up at the International.
                          Chris is that price with or with out inter fender? some work required to change inter fender from on to another.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                            Sorry Roy you can not use any front fender from all 64-66 cars some are single head light and other are duel head light ,
                            Bob, I have to disagree here. the parts books list the same part numbers for 64-65 outer front fenders. I do not have a 66 parts book, but it's assuredly the same. the difference between 2 and four headlight models is most likely in the headlight doors, and maybe in the headlight buckets. the outer fenders are the same for both models.

Maybe you are thinking of the entire fender assembly including inner fender, outer fender and such?
                            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

SI prices don't included the inners
                              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                              X