Photo Shoot...Peterson's 1963 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Shoot...Peterson's 1963 Cruiser

I was in the San Francisco Bay Area today and photographed Bob's 63 Cruiser for an upcoming eBay listing. This is a BEAUTIFUL, 83,000 mile, all original Rose Mist Cruiser. ALL original...paint interior (including carpet), numbers matching motor, etc. I rode in it for many miles today. It is smooth and quiet. Absolutely no rust ever. Always a Bay Area car. Bob bought it from the son in law of the original owner. He even has the window sticker.

What a treat it was to be able to see this car.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Hey Dick was a nice day ,I enjoyed lunch.

Here is a picture of Dick taking pictures.

See you next trip,

Patrick, nibbs53

Comment

Originally posted by nibbs53 View Post
      Hey Dick was a nice day ,I enjoyed lunch.

I did too...especially since you bought
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Good looking car and good photos of it too. When do you expect the car to be listed?
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          Good looking car and good photos of it too. When do you expect the car to be listed?
          I'm shooting for this Sunday if I can find the time to do it. If not...next Sunday. If you are interested in the car pre-eBay...contact Bob.

Here's about 100 more pics...

1963 Cruiser
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great car, super photos.

I'm sure you have at least one worthy of a Turning Wheels cover.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

My offer is still good Bob.

Comment

Nice pictures, nice car. I especially like seeing the reflection of Bob and his suspenders in one of the windows....perfect!

--Scott

Comment

Looks like a candidate for the survivor class in South Bend. I didn't realize the heads were painted red on those cars.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice pics and a pretty car, for sure. Rose Mist sure grows on you; 'wouldn't have looked twice at it in 1963!

I'm concerned about the owner's records of the oil having been drained. Geeze, I hope there are extant records of it having been refilled immediately after the drains!

'Best wishes with the auction, Bob. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Careful Dick, HotRod Deluxe may be calling you for freelance work! .

Bob the car looks great, shouldn't have a problem selling that. And THAT TRUNK! (only a Studebaker owner would appreciate ).
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Wow an untouched trunk that clean........very nice

Comment

Amazing time capsule. Consider the production line in '63. Wouldn't it be fun to know how long the car just before and the car just behind this one lasted? You can darn sure bet no one would've fathomed any of them lasting FIFTY years!
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                            Looks like a candidate for the survivor class in South Bend. I didn't realize the heads were painted red on those cars.
                            The heads were not painted red form the factory, in it's past it had a valve job and shop got carried away and painted the heads red along with the valley cover, intake, fan, and breathers and the air cleaner, looked like S..... so time was spent cleaning on the areas I could get to with out taking every thing a parts, did pull the intake to get at the valley area, most of the head and intake ,same with fan, breathers and aircleaner.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              Nice pics and a pretty car, for sure. Rose Mist sure grows on you; 'wouldn't have looked twice at it in 1963!

I'm concerned about the owner's records of the oil having been drained. Geeze, I hope there are extant records of it having been refilled immediately after the drains!

'Best wishes with the auction, Bob. BP
                              I think you are reading to much into a tipical oil change, just the owners way of keeping track of work done and when, tags don't say oil drained on 10-10-65 and refillerd on 10-10-66 ( no real dates just a statement}
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X