studebaker doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker doors

greetings everyone this is my first post in the forum, i have inherited a 61 lark from a friend who has since passed away, it runs great but has rust on the door bottoms, i am looking for replacements it is a four door, any help finding parts would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! You have inherited a very nice Studebaker. The '61's are my favorite. Studebaker had two versions of the four door Lark for 1961-the regular wheelbase sedan and the "Cruiser" sedan which had a four inch longer wheelbase. They both used different rear doors. Make sure you state which one you have when looking for parts! Also, the Cruiser rear doors have opening vent windows as a quick way to I.D. them. Good Luck with your Lark! Quentin

Comment

I didnt know that, thank you, its a lark cruiser it has the small vent windows in rear, i am really looking for all four doors ones that are repairable so i can just swap them out without leaving the car open for very long.

Comment

Some of the vendors have patch panels that can be welded onto the bottom outside of the door. It might be cheaper and easier to go that route. It's the guy who makes all the sheet metal parts and advertises in Turning Wheels. Classic Enterprises?
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Heck, I think there's a chance that Studebaker International might still have new doors. Worth a check.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ken, check your personal messages.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by kenfaircloth View Post
              greetings everyone this is my first post in the forum, i have inherited a 61 lark from a friend who has since passed away, it runs great but has rust on the door bottoms, i am looking for replacements it is a four door, any help finding parts would be appreciated.
              Front doors should be no problem since the same shells were used from 1955 1/2 to 1962 4 door sedans as well as all C cab (Champ) trucks.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

TO : KENFAIRCLOTH
                The 1961 Cruiser that you have got will be on a 113" wheelbase . The other Larks
                are on a 109" wheelbase and on the four door sedans , the difference is in the rear doors
                which are 4" longer . 1961 was the first year for the Lark Cruiser . For your front doors
                replacement , you can use doors off Studebaker sedans from 1955 and a half through to
                the end of 1962 . For your rear doors , use 1961 and 1962 Cruiser doors .

For patch panels to repair your own doors , talk to 'Classic Enterprises' . For the chance
                that there are still ( NOS ) New old stock Doors , talk to 'Studebaker International ' in
                South Bend Indiana . Just remember NOS doors will be Just a metal inner / outer door
                that you will have to build up with the parts from the doors on your car . If you want
                good second hand doors that are complete , I would suggest shopping away from
                the "rust-belt" States and perhaps talk to Forum Member 'candbstudebakers' who is
                in California . There are others who could help but he will give you a good idea of what
                is currently available to suit your car . Just 'PM' him or he might also respond to this
                'thread' . The doors from 1963 to the end in 1966 will not fit your car . GOOD LUCK !

CRUISER

Comment

AS CRUISER states except the rear doors were changed for 1962. For 1962, all four door sedans rode the 113" wheelbase and thus used the same rear doors.

Comment

Working...
                  X