PDA

View Full Version : Instrument panel for a '58 Commander

JimC
06-15-2012, 01:38 AM
If you need a gauge set for your '58 Commander, here's a great deal:

http://omaha.craigslist.org/pts/3058044027.html

I've been talking to this guy. His dad owns a scrap yard in the area, which is how he came into this. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to ship it or sell to anyone from out of town. That being said, I am IN TOWN, so if someone wants this dash assembly, let me know. I can go pick it up for you and ship it your way. :!:

StudeRich
06-15-2012, 01:57 AM
That is the strangest Ad I have ever seen!

Quote: "PICK-UP ONLY!
Will not meet outside Council Bluffs"

Is that like being chained to a Desk? Court Order?

JimC
06-15-2012, 02:05 AM
That is the strangest Ad I have ever seen!

Quote: "PICK-UP ONLY!
Will not meet outside Council Bluffs"

Is that like being chained to a Desk? Court Order?

It could just be that he finds Council Bluffs so beautiful that he never wants to leave.

Of course, anyone who got to see Council Bluffs during the International Meet would know how much truth is in that.

I will give him credit, that's probably the only way to be sure you're playing it safe on Craigslist.

bob40
06-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Gas is money,time is money.
Driving 25 miles to meet a buyer is a 50 mile round trip and at least 1 hour.
Subtract those costs from $50.00

FlatheadGeo
06-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Maybe he has a phobia about leaving his comfort zone.

starliner62
06-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Jim,
PM sent

JimC
06-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Hey Jamie,

Sorry, somebody beat you to it by just a little. When I pick it up from the seller tonight I'll Let that person know, and if anything falls through, you're number two on the list.

Apparently, this guy won't leave town because he literally has no transportation, and he doesn't want to ship because there's no place within walking distance of where he is where he can get packing materials and mail it.

He did say that his dad has another Studebaker or two in his scrap yard, so I'm going to go see if I can get a look at them. Will keep everyone updated.